i usually use the charging pod/cradle for my Torch. ive noticed that the battery life still seems to be really crappy (TTE: under 1000 mins, and drops to 90-95% under 1 hour from being removed from the charger). i recall seeing times upwards of 2000 minutes to empty when ive used the regular AC charger. anyone know if there is a huge difference between the two? i will need to utilize the E-screen to watch charging rates and other specs to look into it more. but its something that ive really been wondering, is the charging pod really not doing a proper job at charging the phone.
    11-27-10 07:18 PM
    I wouldn't think it matters, the pod should just be more or less just an extension of the plug. I use the charging pod too though. Never really noticed a difference.
    11-27-10 08:06 PM
    It shouldn't make a difference, I don't use a charging pod.
    11-27-10 08:13 PM
    correct a "pod" or dock is the same as an actual battery pack from the wall. There will be no difference is charging or quality of the charge unless something is wrong with the pod.
    11-27-10 08:13 PM
    With the Torch the charge pod connects to the usb port anyways, it is the exact same as not using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 08:42 PM
    i know they should be the exact same thing. but for some reason ive noticed a longer battery life from my regular wall charger than from the dock. hmmmmm i will have to look into it more.
    11-27-10 09:34 PM
    As a previous poster said, if there is a difference in battery life between charging with the pod, and charging direct from the wall, there may be something wrong with the pod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 09:58 PM
    I do not think it should be any difference charging with the pod since it uses the same port to chart. Unless as others stated, something is defective
    11-27-10 10:52 PM
    pod vs. direct from wall, i agree with everyone else, shouldn't make a difference. the only possible difference would maybe be charging TIMES, but that's it, and even that shouldn't effect the "life" of a charge.
    11-27-10 10:55 PM
    i know they should be the exact same thing. but for some reason ive noticed a longer battery life from my regular wall charger than from the dock. hmmmmm i will have to look into it more.
    As several others have said, normally there should be no difference between bare charger & charging through the pod. But, if something happened in the manufactureing process, you could have damage to or slight mispositioning of the connectors or the wiring between the connectors could be damaged.
    11-28-10 08:17 AM
    It may have more to do with your charging habits since you've started using the pod to charge it. If you're constantly putting the phone on the charger and removing it, you may be negatively affecting the battery life. Just a thought.
    11-28-10 09:17 AM
    u gotta push the phone down on the pod properly sometimes.. i noticed the first few times i used the pod that although my bedside mode would come on, the "charge icon" on the battery indicator wouldn't come up. not sure why..

the fix: just push it down harder to ensure it's connected properly.
    11-28-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD