Just wondering how much people use the LED service indicator I find it pointless and annoying but I see a lot of people leave it on,

Who's with me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 03:12 PM
    I do not use mine

11-27-10 03:20 PM
    Negative..
    11-27-10 03:21 PM
    I have no use for LED coverage. Another light blinking would drive me over the wall lol
    11-27-10 03:24 PM
    I do not use it. I haven't even tried it to see if it works, since I find it pointless.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-27-10 03:25 PM
    Never used it. Seemed pointless anyway as I rarely ever hit deadzones anyway.
    11-27-10 03:27 PM
    I've never used it and don't plan to use it.
    11-27-10 04:10 PM
    Just wondering how much people use the LED service indicator I find it pointless and annoying but I see a lot of people leave it on,

Who's with me?

I have service everywhere so why would I need an indicator?? It's not like this is AT&T.
    11-27-10 04:12 PM
    I only use mine if I'll be spending the day in an area where the sevice is not very good.
    11-27-10 04:20 PM
    Negative...
    11-27-10 04:25 PM
    I use mine all the time, especially when I get a new email message! I love my blinking red light!!!!!

11-27-10 04:34 PM
    I totally rely on the LED service indicator light since I got BerryBuzz, I don't need ringtones...I just keep it on vibrated and BerryBuzz on and I can tell if I'm in a dead zone and or who exactly is calling/texting/bbmin/emailing/social scope/Meterberry alerts.

I live in the boonies so its quite helpful and I've gotten used to the extremely bright flashes of colors.

Thnx, �Tripster�

11-27-10 04:35 PM
    Don't use it trying to save some battery life
    11-27-10 04:36 PM
    correct me if im wrong, but with OS 6 it does not even give you the option to turn it on or off anymore. The only time it flashes green/yellowish is when the battery is almost dead.
    11-27-10 04:44 PM
    I use mine all the time, especially when I get a new email message! I love my blinking red light!!!!!

what's that got to do with the Services light function? we ALL use the LED notification for incoming calls/emails. this thread is not about that.
    11-27-10 04:51 PM
    So most people don't I thought I was abnormal!

11-27-10 06:54 PM
    Never used it and never will. Just way too annoying to have an led blink every second.

11-27-10 06:56 PM
    correct me if im wrong, but with OS 6 it does not even give you the option to turn it on or off anymore. The only time it flashes green/yellowish is when the battery is almost dead.
    You can disable it.. type "display" into universal search, select options--> Screen display-->Scroll down to the backlight section and the last option allows you to enable or disable the LED service indicator light.

You're welcome!

And as my answer to the OP, I use the LED indicator b/c I can be sitting across the room from my phone and rather get up to check my phone, I will just look at it and see what colour the light is blinking. Anything but green means I have a notification. This is one reason why I have yet to jump ship to iPhone.
    11-27-10 07:12 PM
    a93hunt sorry but the question was just for the service LED not notifactions.

11-27-10 08:01 PM
    I haven't, do not and will not. It's pretty annoying to me.
    11-27-10 08:21 PM
    Nope. If it blinks, I have something. If it doesn't, I return to what I'm doing. It's not a battery life issue for me, but just annoying to me.
    11-27-10 08:39 PM
    I used to use it all the time. I live in mountainous area where signal coverage is iffy. I find it very useful, especially when traveling, to know when I have coverage. That can also be helpful when inside buildings where the signal is weak. Mostly, I leave it off.
    11-27-10 08:45 PM
    Not for regular status-just for alerts.
    11-27-10 10:14 PM
    I love it. Mine is on all the time. I use it for notifications and to enable me to find it in the dark.

11-27-10 10:44 PM
    Nope never used it. Kinda annoying to see it blinking and it's not a message or notification lol.

Redz120
    11-28-10 06:44 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD