View Poll Results: Is the new Verizon OS update .1015 an improvement?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's an improvement overall from .713

64 69.57%
  • No! Stay away and with .713 or lower, not worth it.

28 30.43%
    Ok, since there are so many differing opinions and mixed reviews about the new "official" OS update from Verizon, I figured a poll would be good. So, what do you think? Is it worth "upgrading" from .713 to .1015 or not?
    11-27-10 12:43 PM
    It seems a little faster. Once DM decided on it's own to recognize the update it went smoothly, no issues.

Postive
    - Faster overall
    - WIFI seems to connect faster
    - BT quality seems better

Unknown at this time
    - Battery life
    - Stability

I haven't encountered some of the other issues mentioned in a number of different posts.
    Last edited by i7guy; 11-27-10 at 01:18 PM.
    11-27-10 12:58 PM
    No complaints here.
    DTritcakDST likes this.
    11-27-10 01:39 PM
    Works good for me
    11-27-10 01:42 PM
    Well, there are fixes for the bedside mode and media player bugs, so that basically leaves you with two major bugs. You have to decide if you can live with those...I can't.

So, if you don't like a popping speaker and you like to play OpenGL games, then you better stay away. Otherwise, it sounds like it may be OK with the two fixes mentioned above.

Still though, I don't see how it's any better overall than the pre .713 OS's.
    11-27-10 01:48 PM
    Well, there are fixes for the bedside mode and media player bugs, so that basically leaves you with two major bugs. You have to decide if you can live with those...I can't.

So, if you don't like a popping speaker and you like to play OpenGL games, then you better stay away. Otherwise, it sounds like it may be OK with the two fixes mentioned above.

Games are for iPhone. Speaking popping goes away.
    11-27-10 01:59 PM
    i would stay on .1015 if i was not for the open gl bug i would think that verizon would coming out with another update other wise there going to have a lot of un happy customers
    11-27-10 02:15 PM

1. I have a PS3 to play games. real games. not some lame games on a tiny screen, using a touch UI. Having said that, I play word games on a touch. I can't get into playing racing or FPS games on it, due to the interface.

2. Haven't heard the popping speaker issue and I've played music, videos, used the speakerphone mode, etc. Basically, I've used all the features that matter to me, without incident. Anything that MIGHT crop up along those lines would be doing something unusual (for me), so I'm not concerned.
    11-27-10 02:19 PM
    Had it running 24 hours and decided to ditch it. Went clear back to .607 and threw the 979 hybrid on it. My device has always ran it's best with a combination of 607.

Didn't have to add a file to get bedside mode working, no popping in speaker, no lines playing music, battery and memory better.

RIM has dropped the ball once again for us S2 folks. Very sad. Will be waiting to see if there really is a Storm 3 and if it will be 4G.
    11-27-10 03:03 PM
    Had it running 24 hours and decided to ditch it. Went clear back to .607 and threw the 979 hybrid on it. My device has always ran it's best with a combination of 607.

Didn't have to add a file to get bedside mode working, no popping in speaker, no lines playing music, battery and memory better.

RIM has dropped the ball once again for us S2 folks. Very sad. Will be waiting to see if there really is a Storm 3 and if it will be 4G.
    you just gave a distorted view of 1015, just like all the other whiners who have complained about the last 3 releases (not that 320 wasn't a POS!). battery life is fine on our two S2's /1015. Do you see the Verizon site or this one full of zillions of complaints? No--because it takes just a few whiners to make it seem like the OS is bad. as usual, it's not true.
    11-27-10 04:20 PM
    This is by far the best build IMO...I have none of these issues. Plus who games on the Storm anyways....seriously? LOL Its a business phone not an iPhone...
    1812dave likes this.
    11-27-10 04:37 PM
    you just gave a distorted view of 1015, just like all the other whiners who have complained about the last 3 releases (not that 320 wasn't a POS!). battery life is fine on our two S2's /1015. Do you see the Verizon site or this one full of zillions of complaints? No--because it takes just a few whiners to make it seem like the OS is bad. as usual, it's not true.
    Easy Mable don't get your panties in a bunch only giving an opinion. Last time I checked it was allowed by the second amendment.
    11-27-10 06:21 PM
    Nobody reads vzw forums except noobs. All vzw officials for Storm2 suck, you simply have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. OP read the earlier threads from when 1015 was a leak; those who really understand OS', unlike dave here, have posted up worthwhile findings.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...5/index13.html
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-27-10 at 07:06 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-27-10 06:44 PM
    Easy Mable don't get your panties in a bunch only giving an opinion. Last time I checked it was allowed by the second amendment.
    Gee Dave, I didn't know you were a lying rocket scientist that wore panties! That's OK Dave, you've been called worse!
    11-27-10 06:52 PM
    Works good for me. I noticed the bedside mode bug, but I actually like it better with this bug!
    11-27-10 07:04 PM
    Giving a negative opinion of anything Storm2 related gets the fanbois all riled up. The Storm2 is flawless
    11-27-10 07:07 PM
    Giving a negative opinion of anything Storm2 related gets the fanbois all riled up. The Storm2 is flawless
    I actually like and am happy with my Storm 2, I only upgraded from the Storm 1 because I needed wireless. I'm not a gamer but do use email,docs to go, and texting quite heavily. The device does what I need it to do.

My only complaint and don't understand is how the bugs in EVERY OS get past the testers and approval of the managment to be released as official?

Apparently quality control needs some improvement.
    11-27-10 08:58 PM
    Quality control.

You don't get it, do you?

WE are quality control. The only difference is that we're not on RIM's payroll.
    11-28-10 04:27 PM
    No gunplay in the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 05:03 PM
    That's a good one!
    11-28-10 05:33 PM
    Quality control.

well at least you didn't claim we are beta testers.....

btw, you aren't bitter by any chance, are you??
    11-28-10 05:44 PM
    Quality control.

That and they don't listen to us either...
    11-28-10 06:28 PM
    That and they don't listen to us either...
    I can just see it: you tugging on dad's sleeve,"DAAAADDDY!!! I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!!".
    11-28-10 06:34 PM
    I can just see it: you tugging on dad's sleeve,"DAAAADDDY!!! I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!!".
    Dad's gone (and Mom too), so that hasn't worked for quite a few years.

And RIM and VZW would be better off if they would actually listen when the consumer tells them directly that there are problems. It's obvious their testers are next to useless.
    11-28-10 09:04 PM
    No gunplay in the forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now that's funny right thar, I don't care who u are.

The second amendment is the reason we get to exercise the first....

enuff OT..
    11-29-10 12:05 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD