I loathe the calendar included with bb. Hard to see in monthly view appointments, no icons just little dots that my aging eyes can easily miss. Are there decent calendar apps that do not involve ovulation out there that have icon sets?
    Last edited by voltaire64; 11-27-10 at 12:18 PM.
    11-27-10 12:15 PM
    One suggestion is to Upgrade to OS6 on your 9700 if you haven't already... I think you'd like the set up of the new calendar. I'm waayyyy more impressed with the new calendar than that of the old berries.
    11-27-10 12:45 PM
    just bought the 9780 and the calender on the new OS is much much better than the old OS!!
    11-27-10 01:20 PM
    I must admit how much I miss the old DateBk calendar app from my Palm Pilots. I've tried to find something close, but no dice. I did get PocketInformant when it was offered as a free app, and it works pretty well, so it might be worth a look for you. It's in the Crackberry store at:

Pocket Informant for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

It has a free trial if you're interested.
    11-27-10 01:58 PM
    Try Xcalendar it's basically the same as the standard celendar but you can see your appointments in text as opposed to dots and lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 02:14 PM
    I agree, can't stand the native calendar. I use Pocket Informant and it does the trick for me.
    11-27-10 05:07 PM
    Try Xcalendar it's basically the same as the standard celendar but you can see your appointments in text as opposed to dots and lines.

Xcalendar has a BIG bug. Put items on wrong day in month view if you have a few item on a given day. Also it seems wrong in other ways. Its worth less than its zero cost.

11-28-10 05:00 AM
    I must admit how much I miss the old DateBk calendar app from my Palm Pilots. I've tried to find something close, but no dice. I did get PocketInformant when it was offered as a free app, and it works pretty well, so it might be worth a look for you. It's in the Crackberry store at:

Pocket Informant for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

+1 for pocket informant. My biggest gripe with default BB calendar is poor support for dated tasks integrated into calendar, which Pocket Informant provides

You might also check out SBSH CalendarPro - also hasd trial

11-28-10 04:36 PM

I had a Palm Centro, and I loved the calendar apps for the old Palm OS. I switched between 2Day by Shsh, and Datebk6. That's the main thing I miss from my Centro, was the PIM organization. Heck, even the native calendar app was pretty awesome.

11-28-10 09:06 PM
    I'm also a former Datebook 6'er that had to switch. The closest app I've found is Pocket Informant. It can do almost as much as Datebook.
    I keep praying that maybe oneday we have Datebook for Blackberry. Just wishful thinking.
    11-28-10 09:33 PM
    I currently use Caleder Pro you can customize it with diffrent colrs and its more like the os6 calender.
    11-28-10 11:27 PM
    +1 for SBSH Calendar Pro. More like my old Palm OS calendar.
    12-01-10 10:45 PM
    Does it show actual items on the month view or just "dots?"

12-02-10 04:09 AM
    Does it show actual items on the month view or just "dots?"

If you're referring to Pocket Informant, it doesn't show text on the month view, it has lines to indicate the duration of timed events in the day block or a bold faced number if the date has an all-day event. There is space at the bottom of the month view, and when you scroll over the day, all the events for that day show up in the bottom space.
    12-02-10 07:12 PM
    Calendar Pro for me.
    Colors,
    Lots of icons
    You can customize it
    Categories
    Project-type tasks items (sub tasks)
    Good Luck
    12-02-10 10:59 PM
    If you're referring to Pocket Informant, it doesn't show text on the month view, it has lines to indicate the duration of timed events in the day block or a bold faced number if the date has an all-day event. There is space at the bottom of the month view, and when you scroll over the day, all the events for that day show up in the bottom space.
    Thanks. Hard to understand why there is no one with text. Xcalendar tries but messes up the dates. The Palm had a good one that was easy to read.
    B B

12-03-10 05:48 AM
    appworld not work in my country, I very much want xcalendar (or something similar than native calendar), can someone send it by email? or put it on site?
    12-06-10 02:35 AM
    appworld not work in my country, I very much want xcalendar (or something similar than native calendar), can someone send it by email? or put it on site?
    Try here:

Xcalendar | Freeware for Blackberry
    12-06-10 03:27 AM
    10X @ST_Temps , but leads me to appworld !
    12-06-10 05:24 AM
    See my prior post. Unless it has been corrected there are major BUGS in Xc and it report events on the wrong day of the month.

12-06-10 05:58 AM
    See my prior post. Unless it has been corrected there are major BUGS in Xc and it report events on the wrong day of the month.

I've never had any problems with. I have used it both on my 8900 and now my Torch. It is accademic though as it seems the only way to dowmload it is thrtough app world. Sorry monkteo!
    12-06-10 06:04 AM
    Do you have many appointments on the same day widely time scattered. When I do on three phones it shows some on the next day.

12-06-10 06:14 AM
    admittedly I don't! I normally would block book out my day with one big appointment and maybe one other scattered in here or there! Maybe that's why I've never experienced the problems that you have!!!

Saying that, I have been looking at Caledar Pro. I used it while it was in public beta and was quite impressed. Is there any other palce to buy it apart from on App World? I can't seem to find it in the Mobihand store and I've had bad expereinces in the past purchasing apps from App World!
    12-06-10 10:46 AM
    Is there any other palce to buy it apart from on App World? I can't seem to find it in the Mobihand store and I've had bad expereinces in the past purchasing apps from App World!
    I don't think Calendar Pro is compatible with the Torch. When I have my device set for the Torch, Calendar Pro doesn't show up in the Crackberry App Store. If I change to the 9700, then it does.
    12-06-10 11:29 AM
    Both Pocket informant and calendar pro are good options. I use to use PI when on OS5. But with OS6, the default cal is suits me just fine.
    12-06-10 01:30 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD