Gooood Morning. I have a 9700 running os6. I was wondering if there's an app that runs other apps off of the sd memory card. Who ever is running os6 on their phone knows that its a memory hog and the next thing you know is you have 10mbs of free space remaining... Please help me out with suggestions. Thank You.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 11:56 AM
    No. Apps on BlackBerry need to run off device memory. The microSD card is only used for storing media.
    11-27-10 11:57 AM
    Yep, can't do it...

Also if you have only 10mb's left, either you are experiencing the huge memory leak or have a ton of apps.

.358 helped my memory leak if you are on .344 of the leak.

If it isn't the leak and too many apps...time to start deleting the ones you don't use.

11-27-10 12:10 PM
    This is every BlackBerry users dream is to be able to run apps off the SD card, however we can't do that, at least not yet.

As everyone has said, Even with OS6 you should still have way more than 10mb of memory remaining, unless your getting a huge memory leak, or have some bloated applications installed on your device, It may be worth a look at what you have installed and remove any applications, or clear old messages to regain some memory.

This BlackBerry 101, while old, can also likely also help you find where a bundle of your memory has gone, http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone
    Last edited by xDAKx; 11-27-10 at 12:18 PM.
    11-27-10 12:15 PM
    Yeh as the other guys said the feature to run third party applications from the memory card doesn't exist. Unfortunately you have to use the device memory.

Maybe this is a feature RIM will introduce one day? Who knows?!

As for only having 10mb memory left, I'd suggest deleting any applications you don't use, deleting old messages, deleting old calendar entries and anything else you don't need
    11-28-10 03:49 AM
    To the OP: No, impossible for blackberries to do that unless RIM makes it possible. Only that functionality is available with android, windows mobile/CE/7.

11-28-10 08:02 AM
    To the OP: No, impossible for blackberries to do that unless RIM makes it possible. Only that functionality is available with android, windows mobile/CE/7.

rim will never do that because if they did it would ruin there business of remaking the same device and just adding more memory and better cameras to their phones.
    11-28-10 08:45 AM
    Move along Josh...nobody is forcing your hand to buy

anything.

xDAKx likes this.
    11-28-10 09:53 AM
    rim will never do that because if they did it would ruin there business of remaking the same device and just adding more memory and better cameras to their phones.
    This comment is so completely devoid of anything bordering on logic that I am
    not sure whether it is appropriate to laugh or feel sorry for you.
    11-28-10 10:40 AM
    but, but, but, but I LOVE MY APPS =(
    11-28-10 12:31 PM
    Honestly, given the size of the majority of apps this really is a non issue. I had
    tons of apps installed on my 8900 and the phone never suffered because of it.

If apps get bigger I could see this as being a problem, but as it stands now it is
    nothing to be concerned about.
    K Bear likes this.
    11-28-10 12:54 PM
    Move along Josh...nobody is forcing your hand to buy

anything.

never said anyone was, i was just stating that memory is basically why the refresh devices are made. all i am saying that if they did make it an option to install apps to your memory card certain models would have no purpose.
    11-29-10 04:06 PM
    never said anyone was, i was just stating that memory is basically why the refresh devices are made. all i am saying that if they did make it an option to install apps to your memory card certain models would have no purpose.
    The same could be said about ANY device. So i call i shannagans on your whole motive.
    11-29-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD