I don't get it, how come have so many problems? And some experience only a few minor issues (like the cursor issue in BBM for example)

How come some have worse battery life that drops suddenly. And some like me, have much better battery life?

Isn't it the same phone, same OS?

What gives?
    11-27-10 02:47 AM
    Just guessing... but here it goes -
    Would it be possible if the OS was installed the right way?
    Old battery?
    To much apps?
    There must be a reason to everything i guess..
    This will be a good thread to follow for the next coming readers. Thanks for making this.
    11-27-10 03:07 AM
    Just guessing... but here it goes -
    Would it be possible if the OS was installed the right way?
    Old battery?
    To much apps?
    There must be a reason to everything i guess..
    This will be a good thread to follow for the next coming readers. Thanks for making this.
    Nice suggestion, I have a brand new 9700 with a brand new phone, I always remove social feeds, app world, podcasts, and I always wipe my device before I install
    11-27-10 03:59 AM
    Already is a few threads, http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/97...inions-556392/ and this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/my...9700-a-556279/ on OS 6, 3 of them, now 4. Only needs 1 :P

Whoever is looking to flame me, just don't. I'm making a pioint, if you don't like it, ignore it. Kthxbai.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 11-27-10 at 04:10 AM.
    11-27-10 04:07 AM
    I don't use podcast and RSS. I just use apps that i know that really works for me. And i make sure not to add allot of them so my app memory doesn't go way down. There might be more people who have better insight about this.
    11-27-10 04:10 AM
    Maybe I was a bit exaggerative, maybe the mods can merge this thread with the rest and sticky it?

11-27-10 04:11 AM
    @Rootbrian: No worries man. I for 1 welcome all opinions no matter good or bad. I don't think anyone's gonna flame yha for that. lol (just my 2 cents).
    11-27-10 04:13 AM
    @Rootbrian: hmmm.. that would be a good idea. All in one i say.
    11-27-10 04:14 AM
    @Rootbrian: No worries man. I for 1 welcome all opinions no matter good or bad. I don't think anyone's gonna flame yha for that. lol (just my 2 cents).
    I asked the mods if they could possibly merge the other twy linked threads with this one and as a plus, sticky it both in the 9700 and Leaked OS sections.

On the flame part, there's two people who don't give a flock. 1 is on my ignore list already and the second one just might get it also

11-27-10 04:16 AM
    @Rootbrian: lmao. It happens.
    11-27-10 04:21 AM
    there are sooo many opinions on os6 because it was a leak that wasnt meant for all device carriers. i am an att customer, and the leak im running is .344. this leak was "geared" towards att, and a few other carriers. most people with att that installed this version are acctually quite happy with it, i know i am. also, dealing with anything beta requires a bit of work and finesse. i had many device reboots and crashes untill i was able to figure out the third party apps that were causeing them. i now have 90 free mb with all my apps and it runs great.

a note to people complaining that their 9700 has very little ram left after upgradeing to os6, this is the way it always works with RIM. my 8310 came with os4.2, i upgraded to 4.5 and had almost no free mem. my 9000 came with one os and when i upgraded it to 5.0 and was left with almost nothing to spare. the 9700 is the first device that works fairly well rite out of the box after a major os update.
    11-27-10 12:35 PM
    As well don't forget that the phones are built in diferent countres diferent parts all that makes diferent and diferent phones has diferent os issues

11-27-10 01:49 PM
    No device is perfect, and most of these problems comes from OS 6.0 that isn't out for or optimized for their phone on that network carrier yet.

It would be akin to someone using American parts or regular gasoline on their Audi in the states, not knowing that a foreign car requires specific parts or that this exact model uses premium gasoline.
    11-27-10 06:59 PM
    Well, I've explained this to you several times ML back when you were trying to push your OS of the day down peoples throats.

EACH user will have a different experience for MANY reasons. Many people will have better results for MANY different reasons.

Those reasons are
    -The individual users habits/settings. Maybe they don't follow the battery save tips, maybe they have the backlight time out set to several minutes, maybe they leave WiFi/BT on 24/7, maybe they don't close out apps...

-The Apps they have installed. No 2 people have all the exact same apps, and the same versions of those apps.

-The Signal strength of their local network. This accounts for why I get less than an day on my BB and the Future Mrs (Same 9700, same OS build) get's 2 or more days and she talks/txts more than I do! I'm in a rural area, towers few and far between. She's in a major metropolitan area. My radio has to work 2 or 3 times harder than hers does.

-The phones themselves. Just because they are all the "Same Phone" does not make them cookie cutter duplicates. The individual components in the phone are all built individually. Maybe the WiFi chip in John's phone came out of a different batch of WiFi chips than the one in Jane's phone. They could be the "Same chip" but from different factories. Circuit boards are like snowflakes, no two alike. The solider joints, the flux to solider ratio in the soldier used, The temp the solider was and the temp of the metal in the circuits.... there are MILLIONS of variables.

-Battery's themselves. I mean, no two batteries are alike. If you understand anything about electricity and the chemistry behind a battery, you realize that it's IMPOSSIBLE for 2 batteries to be the same. Each batch of "Battery Acid" is mixed. Maybe this batch has .001 more Lithium than the last. That can make a big difference. Maybe one battery got a few drops less "Acid" pumped in at the factory because the machine was not calibrated.

It's NOT a perfect world. And no 2 phones are perfectly alike.

This is why EACH PERSON should find the version of the OS that works best for THEM with their phone, their apps, their location.

And why NO ONE HERE should run around telling people to just install a certain OS, that it WILL fix their problems!

The only time a claim that an OS will fix a problem should be made is when it's documented that that "Bug" was fixed in that build.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 11-27-10 at 08:09 PM.
    11-27-10 08:07 PM
    It's mostly been a positive experience for me but since .358 is just a leak, there are bugs for sure. If you have too many apps, I'd recommend you to hold for the official release.
    11-27-10 09:22 PM
    @WolfmanRobby: That's pretty well said.
    11-27-10 11:59 PM
    It's mostly been a positive experience for me but since .358 is just a leak, there are bugs for sure. If you have too many apps, I'd recommend you to hold for the official release.
    Nope, very few apps. Facebook. Google maps, google sync, berry unit converter

Working great here

11-28-10 12:43 AM
    @Wolfgangrobby, your explanations are not applicable to the discussions on OS6.

Those are minor details that will drain the battery. People are experiencing battery drain issues WITH the same settings as their OS5 build.. this is why they are complaining.

THERE is a memory leak, maybe it is caused by an app or it is caused by the settings, ever since I upgraded to OS6 I have had battery drain issues AND massive memory leak issues. Nothing has changed since I have had OS6 other than the install. NO this has nothing to do with the carrier.. batteries.. or screen light. This has to do with the OS and possibly conflicting apps or settings we have.

And btw a OS leak has nothing to do with what works for them.. its a leak and it will always have issues. For some people that believes the OS6 does not have any of the above problems then it is definitely an app or setting issue.
    11-28-10 01:20 AM
    Kthxbai.
    Hey, I missed out on the "bai" part!

11-28-10 01:26 AM
    I'm running v6.0.0.358 and the only issue I'm having is the cursor issue on texts and BBM messages. It's something I can live with.

I did have .344 and it stayed on my device for about 2 days and I was sick of it. I downgraded to v5.0.0.979. Then the second leak came out and I was reluctant after my previous bad experience with the first leak. In the end I decided to give it a shot and I haven't looked back.

Here's to hoping an official release comes soon, otherwise I may have to upgrade to the 9780 or the Torch in the near future.
    11-28-10 04:12 AM
    1 is on my ignore list already and the second one just might get it also
    Oh, IGNORING! Thanks, Brian, that totally explains your oblivion. Whew! I was starting to worry that there were maybe more than one species of human being on this planet. I would have been embarrassed to be classed with the likes of you.
    11-28-10 04:56 AM
    Already is a few threads, http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/97...inions-556392/ and this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/my...9700-a-556279/ on OS 6, 3 of them, now 4. Only needs 1 :P
    WOO! WOOO! WOOOOO!!! No worries folks, thread police is on the scene!!!
    11-28-10 05:00 AM
    Well, I've explained this to you several times ML back when you were trying to push your OS of the day down peoples throats.

EACH user will have a different experience for MANY reasons. Many people will have better results for MANY different reasons.

Those reasons are
    -The individual users habits/settings. Maybe they don't follow the battery save tips, maybe they have the backlight time out set to several minutes, maybe they leave WiFi/BT on 24/7, maybe they don't close out apps...

-The Apps they have installed. No 2 people have all the exact same apps, and the same versions of those apps.

-The Signal strength of their local network. This accounts for why I get less than an day on my BB and the Future Mrs (Same 9700, same OS build) get's 2 or more days and she talks/txts more than I do! I'm in a rural area, towers few and far between. She's in a major metropolitan area. My radio has to work 2 or 3 times harder than hers does.

-The phones themselves. Just because they are all the "Same Phone" does not make them cookie cutter duplicates. The individual components in the phone are all built individually. Maybe the WiFi chip in John's phone came out of a different batch of WiFi chips than the one in Jane's phone. They could be the "Same chip" but from different factories. Circuit boards are like snowflakes, no two alike. The solider joints, the flux to solider ratio in the soldier used, The temp the solider was and the temp of the metal in the circuits.... there are MILLIONS of variables.

-Battery's themselves. I mean, no two batteries are alike. If you understand anything about electricity and the chemistry behind a battery, you realize that it's IMPOSSIBLE for 2 batteries to be the same. Each batch of "Battery Acid" is mixed. Maybe this batch has .001 more Lithium than the last. That can make a big difference. Maybe one battery got a few drops less "Acid" pumped in at the factory because the machine was not calibrated.

It's NOT a perfect world. And no 2 phones are perfectly alike.

This is why EACH PERSON should find the version of the OS that works best for THEM with their phone, their apps, their location.

And why NO ONE HERE should run around telling people to just install a certain OS, that it WILL fix their problems!

The only time a claim that an OS will fix a problem should be made is when it's documented that that "Bug" was fixed in that build.
    Post of the week! I couldn't agree more, matter of fact, I had this drawn up and was just about to post it...beat me to the punch sir...lol!

11-28-10 07:19 AM
    Oh and lol at ohm, haha! I am with you buddy.

OhmEye likes this.
    11-28-10 07:22 AM
    Oh and lol at ohm, haha! I am with you buddy.
    Well, maybe it can hear you. I'm certain it's ignoring me!
    11-28-10 07:33 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD