People that have moved from blackberry to iPhone, how did you do it without looking back and going back to blackberry? I would like to hear your stories because I am trying to move away but scared I will regret it.
    11-26-10 08:53 PM
    I think this question can be applied to any other platform. I think it was a matter of being able to live with certain weaknesses of the platform into which one is transitioning. Moreover, if it so happens a suitable workaround can be used, then users are even more comfortable with the decision one has made.

More importantly, it comes down to goals and commitment to those goals. When moving to another device, you have to ask yourself: Why? If it's to try something new, you need to ask if you're willing to go through the growing pains, and how long you're willing to go through them. Another question, or two would be: What is my current device lacking, the one I'm looking at can fulfill. What are you looking to achieve once you've obtained a device in question? If it's on another premise, then what is it? Principles? Feel slighted by a certain phone company, after having bought a device at one point in time, only to find out it was going to be phased out sooner than later?
    11-26-10 09:27 PM
    People that have moved from blackberry to iPhone, how did you do it without looking back and going back to blackberry? I would like to hear your stories because I am trying to move away but scared I will regret it.
    I bought an iPhone 3G in Sept 08 and sold it for a Bold 9000 in June 09. I was tired of not being able to do basic things, like MMS. Immediately I was in love and I haven't looked back. While sometimes I miss the cool factor of having an iPhone, I love my keyboard, and all the apps are a distraction. I'm a full time student and a manager so I don't have much down time. I found what was perfect for me.

Sleep on your decision. Play with some phones and do your research. You'll figure it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 10:46 PM
    I had an 8830 from April till June but the day the evo came out I was in line. I thought it would be cool to have the best from sprint and it was till I realized how many issues I had with the Evo trying to send text messages. So I traded and went back to a Bold and now I hoping to get an iPhone for Christmas.... How do you cope with not having things like bbm and items like that at all? I am trying to unify my ipod and phone into one.... any advice is appreciated.
    11-26-10 11:48 PM
    I had an 8830 from April till June but the day the evo came out I was in line. I thought it would be cool to have the best from sprint and it was till I realized how many issues I had with the Evo trying to send text messages. So I traded and went back to a Bold and now I hoping to get an iPhone for Christmas.... How do you cope with not having things like bbm and items like that at all? I am trying to unify my ipod and phone into one.... any advice is appreciated.
    11-27-10 12:01 AM
    Find something cross-platform, that's already in use. Unless, you have BBM-exclusive contacts, there are various programs enabling cross-platform communication.

If you can't do that, at least have them onto something they might seem comfortable with - yahoo, google talk, aim, etc.

If you want to unify the ipod, and phone, then the iPhone is, indeed, your best bet. Also, you must understand enough of the consequences of doing this. You'll be doing most things the iPhone way. Further, you'll have to decide if you're willing to live with the intended, and unintended, consequences.

It surely goes back to your commitment to your goal. When I decided to run Linux full-time, I realized I wouldn't be doing a chunk of the things I used to do in Windows. Throughout this time, I had to find workarounds for things I'd be giving up. Secondly, if I couldn't, I'd have to learn to live without it, so I can commit myself to learning linux, and getting used to the environment. It's the same with anything seemingly foreign.
    11-27-10 01:49 AM
    I think the only reason why i went back to bberry was the fact at&t is just not good enough. The iphone is really crippled by that network and as much as i want to have it i will not settle for subpar service. I am hoping iphone comes to VZ and if not bberrys are fantastic devices. All in all, for my needs and wants' (if that's a word) iphone is the best device for me.
    11-29-10 08:37 AM
    This is backwards but I went from a iphone 3gs to a torch. only one thing convinced me, Battery life. My Iphone was dead after a full charge and roughly 9 hours of just sitting around. Triied 2. I didn't play gamees or have any apps running. My torch lasts me about 3 days on one charge and I use it all day.

11-29-10 09:27 AM
    Switch was pretty easy for me. One thing is the battery life on the iPhone 4 was pretty much killing my Torch. I jailbroke the i4 and the thing is amazing. I liked it alot even at stock FW. I didn't use BBM much and don't miss it much at all. I absolutely don't regret the switch.
    11-29-10 10:08 AM
    I had that feeling when I bought the iPhone4 but when I finally did use it, it felt as if I never used the Blackberry so I was quite happy. I did however, miss BBM for a bit and paid for a data plan just to BBM with a few friends but realised a few weeks later now it's not so necessary and I can live without BBM.
    11-29-10 11:40 AM
    I had a 9700 for a good while. Loved a lot about it, but also lot of things I missed because I came from an iPhone before it. Missed all the media capabilities such as browsing, bigger screen, nice apps, and more polished UI. Loved the keyboard and messaging prowess. But I realized that might have been the only advantage. I type pretty good on the soft keyboard, especially now with the spelling and auto-correct. I'm by no means a fan-boy of any brand, I just choose what I think is the best overall package, thus I have an iPhone 4. webOS is the best mobile OS in my eyes.

Mashable recently put together an article on the top 5 startups to look forward to, and one of them was Kik. If you think you're gonna miss BBM, the rise of Kik could be your cure. Although currently banned from BBs, there's probably a reason RIM pulled it - emulating BBM too closely most likely. Plus, it's cross platform so you can communicate between iOS, BB, and Android users.

You should probably try it out first. Perhaps get a 3GS on craigslist and see how that goes? You can always sell it for the same amount of trade back for a BB.
    11-29-10 09:15 PM
    I had a Pearl, a Curve, an iPhone 3GS, Bold 9000 then back to the iPhone because the iPhone was able to support WiFi tethering for my iPad and netbook when i travel. Call me cheap but I can't see paying 2x for data service. Function wise, you can do corporate mail, contacts, and calendering on both devices. The BB allows you to sync almost everything in Outlook including notes and tasks. The iPhone uses MS Activesync which pushes email, contacts, and calender only. No big deal for me as those are the three I need.

The biggest difference is battery life depending upon how you use the device. The BB is far superior in battery life talking, emailing, and texting by a wide margin however, a Morphie Juice Pack goes a long way towards evening the scales. In the end it comes down to personal preference. Also, willingness to Jailbreak the iPhone. Once jailbroken, the iPhone is a pretty cool device. Stock from Apple (a.k.a. the evil empire) it's pretty lame, imho.

I hope this helps.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-29-10 09:48 PM
    I have had a Curve 8320, Bold 9700, then the Torch 9800 (had it a week, loved it but hated the flimsy keyboard - it just did not feel solid in my hand so I took it back). I have the iPhone 4 now but it is only a pit stop until the 9900 comes out. Sure the apps, Internet and all that other hullabaloo on the iPhone are great but I desperately miss my Bold's keyboard! And it did what I basically needed it to do: email, texting, phone calls, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, pictures...I don't even use half the apps on my iPhone. Like the Best Buy rep told me: if you primarily want email and text, go with a BB. If you are all about apps, go with the iPhone. If I had to do it all over again, I would NOT leave BB.
    11-30-10 01:13 PM
    I recently switched to the iPhone after owning many blackberry. My decision was soley based on the best bang for my dollar. I feel as if iPhone users get a better experience for the same data prices as a bb user.

That being said... I love my iPhone 4, but have already planned to migrate back to a bb 9700. I miss the notifications, keyboard and the overall experience. The iPhone is awesome and I don't thi k I will be selling mine, but I hate it as a phone. It doesn't feel good on my ear, and I constantly mute people I'm talking with.
    11-30-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD