So I purchased my Torch about a month ago and it's a great device from a hardware standpoint, but the software has been bugging out on me on multiple fronts.

First, on my text messages, there are several duplicates of each of my conversations. So it'll look like

Mom
    Mom
    Mom
    Becca
    Becca
    Becca
    Becca
    Steve
    Steve

Each name links to the same text conversation, and cannot be deleted. More duplicates seem to be made everytime the phone is off.

Second, shutoffs. Randomly when I am trying to make a call, I'll dial the number, hit call, then notice that it isn't ringing, instead it'll go to the blackberry logo restart screen with the white slider bar across the bottom. That's pretty annoying.

Third, my bluetooth disconnects after about 10 minutes. My car, A3, doesn't communicate that well with the phone to begin with, but after a while it just disconnects entirely.

Generally the whole phone is just laggy, but not completely unusable. I have the newest firmware, and I don't have many applications installed, so I cannot locate the problem, unless it is rooted in the actual hardware of my phone. What do you guys think I should do here? Contact blackberry or just wipe and restore?

Thanks in advance.
    11-26-10 03:55 PM
    I would remove all third party apps first and see what happens. If it continues, wipe and restore. But if you restore from a back up file, how do you know it's not going to do the same thing. I would wipe and install the latest OS fresh and not from back up at first. If that corrects the problem then restore your 3rd party apps. Hope this helps.
    11-26-10 04:11 PM
    ive had mine a few days, i recently updated to the .337 firmware, i have noticed it to be a little buggy and sluggish at times, i think the old firmware .246 i think is the version, was better.

havnt seen a problem with text messages. do you have multiple addressbooks? or is everyone in the double?

and the bluetooth issue.. do u see any settings in the bluetooth options on the phone for paird devices? A3 as in Audi A3? i have an A4, i havnt tried to pair my phone with the raido yet. check in the owners manual or check out AudiForums.com - Powered by vBulletin they might know if theres anything in the radio's settings that needs to be set up
    11-26-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD