Hello!

Weird problem happening with my girlfriend's Curve 8900. When I try to ping contacts with it on BBM, it doesn't send out the usual "PING!!!" accompanied by the vibration, but just a plain text "PING!!!" that doesn't do anything. Alternatively, when I try to ping it with my blackberry it sends as a "PING!!!" but is received as "PING!!!" by hers. It's strictly happens on her phone.

Tried to fidget with it but no luck any ideas?
    11-26-10 08:49 AM
    Hello!

Weird problem happening with my girlfriend's Curve 8900. When I try to ping contacts with it on BBM, it doesn't send out the usual "PING!!!" accompanied by the vibration, but just a plain text "PING!!!" that doesn't do anything. Alternatively, when I try to ping it with my blackberry it sends as a "PING!!!" but is received as "PING!!!" by hers. It's strictly happens on her phone.

Tried to fidget with it but no luck any ideas?
    Not sure that it would matter but are you sending the ping by typing "PING!!!" or using the Ping Contact option through the menu. If using one method maybe try the other to see if that changes anything. Also, it doesn't make sense if the problem the pinging on other phones not vibrating from your GF's device only but, stranger things have happened with electronics and settings, are her settings set to vibrate on her BB when she recieves a ping?

Good luck.
    11-26-10 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD