im really confused about wether to get a black or a white one. i currently have the 8900 in black and i would like to change to white.. my only issue is i dont want to get a white one and then have it turn greyish or yellow after a few months and regret my decision. i was also wondering since i read the 9780 battery door isnt the same as the 9700 battery door, would that mean that it would pick up less dirt??? what would the best cleaning solution be for a white berry, baby wipes work i heard?
    11-26-10 01:26 AM
    im really confused about wether to get a black or a white one. i currently have the 8900 in black and i would like to change to white.. my only issue is i dont want to get a white one and then have it turn greyish or yellow after a few months and regret my decision. i was also wondering since i read the 9780 battery door isnt the same as the 9700 battery door, would that mean that it would pick up less dirt??? what would the best cleaning solution be for a white berry, baby wipes work i heard?
    I would like to hear from some white device BB 9700/9780 owners as well since I too am considering getting white.

Re: the battery door - will you have your phone in a case? I plan on having some sort of clear case protector. Hopefully this will shield the back from dirt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-26-10 04:26 AM
    I would like to hear from some white device BB 9700/9780 owners as well since I too am considering getting white.

Re: the battery door - will you have your phone in a case? I plan on having some sort of clear case protector. Hopefully this will shield the back from dirt.

im not planning on using a case, maybe id use one for the first month or so. but not after that..

the thing is i heard that the 9780 is no longer the same type of faux leather so my question is will that make it less likely to pick up dirt?
    11-26-10 05:36 AM
    I have the 9700 in white. Mine is still pretty clean even the back door. I also never used a case that stayed on the phone but I had a BlackBerry leather sleeve. The faux leather is fine its more like a vinyl, vert easy to wipe off. The phone is more on a gold tone and not actuaally pure white. I was kind of disappointed when I first got the phine.

11-26-10 06:03 AM
    I looked at my frieds white 9700 and battery cover was a bit yellowish but it didint look that bad and as well he uses alcohol (spirit) to clean all phone bazel and regarding 9780 i got black because that was the only one available at the time
    11-26-10 06:10 AM
    I have a white 9700 and the only thing that gets dirty is the battery door, but its very easy to clean, but if u have a case you won't have to worry about it

11-26-10 06:13 AM
    I have seen the white units after some use and not only does the battery door get dirty quickly, after some time it changes color and will not match the device. I think it is made out of a different material and reacts chemically to it's environment differently.

No white phone for me.
    11-26-10 06:37 AM
    I use an Epik skin/case on my white 9780 (great price, too) so only the front is exposed, although the case is transparent. Without a case I wouldn't expect the colors to stay the same. On the other hand, most people don't keep a phone longer than 2 years...

Ubizmo

11-26-10 06:50 AM
    The problem with any white plastic parts is over time it will rub off and you can see the black plastic under it, the only way you wont have this problem is if the entire plastic is constructed in white not just finished in white.

I have the black 9780 and I put stealth guard all over the front and back so even if I had the white it would not rub off in 5 years
    11-26-10 07:38 AM
    The problem with any white plastic parts is over time it will rub off and you can see the black plastic under it, the only way you wont have this problem is if the entire plastic is constructed in white not just finished in white.

I have the black 9780 and I put stealth guard all over the front and back so even if I had the white it would not rub off in 5 years
    I wouldn't aactually say that for the 9700 or the 8520. They aren't coated white over black the pieces are actually that iredescent white with ite the gold tone. I hod one drop and dent all the way thru and it was still white.

11-26-10 11:30 AM
    i use cases on my white 9700, and its still crisp. i'd hate to see it without the case though.
    11-26-10 01:16 PM
    I can't stand any case that stays on the phone while you are using it. Personal preference is good.
    11-26-10 02:12 PM
    I didn't like cases, but I do regret it now. My white 9700 battery door is slightly tinted, and a little stained on the edges of the faux leather. I have a hard time keeping a case on because using the phone without one is so much better. But just the battery door is what will suffer the most. My white 9780 is almost mint condition, so far I've been using that platinum case until my iskin arrives, somehow, the chrome bezel on the back did manage to pick up a few light scratches =(

I'm considering picking up the black one because the black chrome bezel looks sexy as ****! And this is my second white blackberry.
    11-26-10 07:17 PM
    I didn't like cases, but I do regret it now. My white 9700 battery door is slightly tinted, and a little stained on the edges of the faux leather. I have a hard time keeping a case on because using the phone without one is so much better. But just the battery door is what will suffer the most. My white 9780 is almost mint condition, so far I've been using that platinum case until my iskin arrives, somehow, the chrome bezel on the back did manage to pick up a few light scratches =(

I'm considering picking up the black one because the black chrome bezel looks sexy as ****! And this is my second white blackberry.

you can get a battery door for 10 bucks oem or go on ebay and pay less than 4.00 dollars shipped to your door ( free shipping)

Blackberry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx Back Door Battery Cover on eBay.ca (item 260579530499 end time 28-Nov-10 13:05:01 EST)
    11-26-10 10:27 PM
    Double post for some reason (sorry)
    11-26-10 10:29 PM
    I've had my 9780, and before this, all my phones were black (except for the gold 8320, but that was ages ago). I was kind of wary of the white color, but I felt like changing things up and figured if I'm gonna spend $129 on a similar device to my black 9700, I might as well feel like I'm getting a "new" phone. So far, it looks great. I don't put my phones on restaurant tables and I try to not touch them with grease or food on my fingers, but I like the white look, so I don't put a case on it. I'm also not sure what exactly the effect of the paint on the keys has on the white 9780 vs. My black 9700, but I like the feel of the keys better on the white, and theyre still the same color as day 1!

11-27-10 12:35 AM
    I finally took off the sticker on my battery cover and you can see the cleaner part that the sticker was covering :/ atleast I have my iskin now. I'm considering exchanging it for the black one. Guess I'm ready for a change from rockin' a white berry.

12-01-10 02:25 PM
    My white 9780 is still pristine. Have a transparent case coming for it. How hard can it be to wipe one's hands before use and watch where you set it down?

12-02-10 12:57 AM
    It's not hard. I'm just hella lazy. Lol

12-02-10 12:59 AM
    It's not hard. I'm just hella lazy. Lol

Lmao! Understandable. The first time I tried to take the battery door off, I ended up rubbing some of the black paint off the sticker and onto the door because the door was on so tight. I was hot! Luckily it wiped off.

12-02-10 01:02 AM
    Lol damn. I jus peeled it off wit my nail. I haven't even cleaned the door since removing the sticker. I got my new screen protectors and haven't installed them either. I'm using the 9700 transplant. Lol

12-02-10 01:14 AM
    hello, i need 9780 firmware
    12-02-10 01:56 AM
    My white 9780 is still pristine. Have a transparent case coming for it. How hard can it be to wipe one's hands before use and watch where you set it down?

IT IS A PHONE!

Do you wipe of your greasy ear before each use, too?

Why don't you just put on gloves each time before you use it! LOL! Just read you comments and think about it!

White in NOT going to ever look as good after a few weeks of use, do not care what you say!
    12-02-10 05:24 AM
    This is my first white, Blackberry and i have kept it clean by using a rubbercase when at home (out of the holster) and make sure to keep it in the holster when at work or out. Not sure if the leather is real but I will probably use alcohol to clean the back and water and cloth to clean outer part of phone.
    12-02-10 08:10 AM
    If I helped ya out in anyway, or just made you laugh please give me a thumbs up..... It's over there ----->
    You are actually asking people to "give" you a thanks?
    12-02-10 09:28 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD