Hey folks

Now I haven't been able to find a thread with people being overly disappointed with the new bb maps, if there is one please point me in the right direction as I have searched high and low.

The new bb maps design is much worse Imho.

In comparison to the bbmaps on os5 it seems to be missing my favourite and most useful function.

Having a live update of how far away the next turn is after having gps activated.

Currently when I have gps lock, it only shows the purple line and not the distance of the next turn which is usually in a bubble peeking in from off the screen showing the distance how far away the next turn is from my current location updating in real time.

I Loved that feature and now it is gone!

Am I the only one?
    11-26-10 12:41 AM
    Bumpity bump bump TTT
    11-28-10 10:58 PM
    Hey folks

Now I haven't been able to find a thread with people being overly disappointed with the new bb maps, if there is one please point me in the right direction as I have searched high and low.

The new bb maps design is much worse Imho.

In comparison to the bbmaps on os5 it seems to be missing my favourite and most useful function.

Having a live update of how far away the next turn is after having gps activated.

Currently when I have gps lock, it only shows the purple line and not the distance of the next turn which is usually in a bubble peeking in from off the screen showing the distance how far away the next turn is from my current location updating in real time.

I Loved that feature and now it is gone!

Am I the only one?
    Ummm YEP.....looks like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 12:49 AM
    LOL

Sarcasm aside, i just have a real hard time enjoying the new bbmaps.

Before hitting the back button would centre you on your GPS position! Brilliant! Now it takes you back to the directions! pointless!

I can't believe I was the only person who found the distance from your current position to the next turn on the map extremely useful.

This is madness!!
    11-29-10 05:22 PM
    I use BB Maps just about every day and I prefer OS 5 maps to BB 6 anyday.
    11-29-10 10:58 PM
    I am on verizon 9650 with OS6 and I use bbmaps all the time. I understand your pain. Why wont my location stay centered so I can see my location while driving? Why cant I go to my location when I hit the back key like before?? I loved that feature. I am trying to find out if there is even an option to where my location will stay centered as I am driving. Anyone know if there is a way to do this? Now, if I am zoomed in a decent ways and keep driving I end up off of the boundary of the screen!! It is very annoying.
    02-10-11 02:09 PM
    I personally like the newer looks on BB Maps on OS 6, never noticed that feature which you mentioned and hence, it does not bother meh.
    02-10-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD