Just a funny story from last night:

So, my gf always bugs me for my attachment to my 9700. I use it constantly and whenever we have a question about somewhing, or I need to prove I'm right (sometimes that backfires haha) I reach for my phone.
    Her family decided to have Thanksgiving in the city I'm living in, so she drove down and met them here. I went to visit her and her family at their hotel room. She was going to try and check facebook on her laptop but there was no wifi nearby. I aske her if she wants to use my phone, she says no, so I go to put it back in my pocket and she decides to try it. So I open the web browser, log out of facebook and get it ready for her to log in. At first she didn't notice the alt symbols on the keys, I showed her how to type the @, and she said typing on it was weird (she has a samsung solstice (touch screen)) and said it must take a lot of getting used to. By the time she's done typing her password, she loves it. When she was done checking fb, she hands it back but says (jokingly) she wants to trade phones. I told her fat chance, and she said she'd just take it. Then she asked how much the data plan cost and the price of the phone on renewal. I don't remember when her renewal is, but I can't wait to get her on BBM instead of SMS

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 01:40 PM
    Awesome. I guess she's hooked!

11-25-10 01:55 PM
    LOL Solid work dude.

Kind of a similar story with my gf. Except she had one when we met, and when we went to exchange numbers she asked if I had BBM instead.... I knew right from that moment it was meant to be.

(Sidenote: That was a while ago and she's still using her Curve 8330, although I put a nice new pink housing + Trackball on for her)
    11-25-10 02:57 PM
    My wife still refuses to go come back to BB. She is more than happy with her mytouch3G, which I can't stand.

I have proved to her many times that my 9700 is just as fast as hers....is quite comical at times.

She now wants the new mytouch4G....keep telling her, you want get 4G here...she don't care. Palm, meet face....

11-25-10 07:11 PM
    My gf loves her iphone and in my experience iphone users are the hardest to convert

11-25-10 11:59 PM
    similar with my gf when we met i had the bold 9000.. she had a crappy samung slide phone...she hated my blackberry as it was too big(her words) then it broke and i got the 9700 she was due an upgrade and got the vodafone 360 phone(no idea why) 6 weeks later she hates it and wants a blackberry so i go out and buy her the 8900...she loves it and said she wont use anything other than bb from now on she only has a year to wait till her upgrade
    11-26-10 09:24 AM
    Hahahaha. Thanks everyone for the entertaining stories! They kept me laughing while I was stuck at work on Thanksgiving.

Last edited by hammerhand; 11-27-10 at 01:11 AM.
    11-27-10 12:10 AM
    I have 3 Blackberry's that are active (I ment 2 Blackberry's. Still waiting for my Torch to be replaced by my carrier)
    Anyway, and my wife has 1.
    She comes up to me and tell's me... Why do you have 3 Blackberry's? I told her 1 is for personal and the 2 are for work related.
    Then she says.. can i get another one for me?
    Then i told her go ahead and buy another one. I just don't see why you need 2 phones.
    She tells me.. I'll use my new one for my friends. And i said WHAT!!?? You see your friends like everyday i said.
    She tells me - Fine.. if i can't get one i'll use one of yours and sky rocket your bill till you get me one.
    To make the story short.. i ended up getting her a new Blackberry.
    Last edited by ench18; 11-27-10 at 01:20 AM.
    11-27-10 01:04 AM
    My gf loves her iphone and in my experience iphone users are the hardest to convert

aint that the truth! i literally converted all my family members to blackberry except for this one aunt .. man she thinks iphone can really help her to walk on water or something ..
    11-27-10 01:33 AM
    Ha ha, great stories.

My phones in the last year and a half went from some cr@p Nokia that I overloaded the memory in the first week then switched to the Motorola ROKR (it started lagging worse than OS6 ever has and this is when my sister started following my phone choices).

We got so tired of the lag after six months and we started looking for new phones and I was always curious about BB and wanted one, so we saw the Curve and called TMo and got a pretty good deal on the 8520. Of course I absolutely loved it and it was amazing.

Six months later I was really itching for a better BB, with TMo that meant the 9700. So we called TMo and I ended up getting a full upgrade price, free shipping and what not a year and a half early. It was great. My sister got the white 9700.

So my step mom inherited my sisters old 8520, said she didn't the data plan, just something to talk on and text. I said okay, well, two days later she has the data plan and is calling/texting me to help her figure out things on it and get apps set up and everything ha ha.

And last night I finally sold my old 8520, I sold it cheap, got $100USD for it. The lady who bought it used to use a Pearl. That broke and she started using a Samsung had two of them and both had call issues. So she was looking for a new BB. She even said, once your a BB person you're always a BB person ha ha.

So all in all, two people who decided to try and now love BB, one new convert and someone who greatly missed BB are all now happy with BB's.

11-27-10 06:56 AM
    My wife was the same way, she would always give me grief for being on my 8310 (my first Berry) & I'd always hear how she'd never get a Blackberry because they're too expensive with the data plan & everything. Well she ended up using mine TO CHECK HER FACEBOOK when we were on vacation with friends last year, she still had a "regular" phone & our friend we were with is also a Blackberry user so we were both giving her grief about not having one. Well it wasn't long until she started asking about just how much it would to get one & then AT&T lowered the data plans, so when I went to upgrade to my 9700, she ended up getting the 8520 for a couple dollars more than her "regular" phone a month & while she's not on hers as much as me, she's still a crackberry addict & slowly but surely learning more about it all the time, LOL.
    11-27-10 07:19 PM
    I convinced my sister to leave the Blackjack (ok, I know...it really wasn't that hard. lol). She got the BB Bold 9000 before I did (and it KILLED me!). Worse she got it, didn't have a clue, used it for a day, texted me that she LOOOOVVVED it. .....And told me I was tech support. lol
    11-27-10 10:43 PM
    Good stories... hehehehe. There should be funny thread. Like that's gonna happen. lol
    11-27-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD