Good Morning turkey fans, I really could use your help on this one.

I tried to upgrade my 8900 to the new leaked OS, and the upgrade went fine on the computer screen till the phone restarted and then it never started up again.

Currently the phone flashes the LED twice, then three times whenever plugged via USB or has a battery inside. I've tried it all, JL_cmder, force updating via Command prompt and all, but nothing. The PC will not recognize the existence of the USB device but nothing.

I really would like to bring it back to life so i can use it. Your help is appreciated!!

EDIT: when i do the force upgrade, it does not recognize the PIN, or even displays the infamous "UNKNOWN PIN".
    Last edited by lexusgs43o; 11-25-10 at 02:11 PM.
    11-25-10 01:33 PM
    Are you positive you installed the correct OS? Sounds like the phone doesn't have the correct software to start.
    11-26-10 02:01 AM
    Good Morning turkey fans, I really could use your help on this one.

I tried to upgrade my 8900 to the new leaked OS, and the upgrade went fine on the computer screen till the phone restarted and then it never started up again.

Currently the phone flashes the LED twice, then three times whenever plugged via USB or has a battery inside. I've tried it all, JL_cmder, force updating via Command prompt and all, but nothing. The PC will not recognize the existence of the USB device but nothing.

I really would like to bring it back to life so i can use it. Your help is appreciated!!

EDIT: when i do the force upgrade, it does not recognize the PIN, or even displays the infamous "UNKNOWN PIN".

dowload and install an official OS 5 build from here
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Then use app loader to install the OS.

Not sure if i read you right but did you say your PC recognizes when you plug the phone in and that's about it?

If your PC recognizes the phone then you should be able to use app loader
    Last edited by shupor; 11-26-10 at 12:00 PM.
    11-26-10 09:50 AM
    Are you positive you installed the correct OS? Sounds like the phone doesn't have the correct software to start.
    I thought so as well, but double checked it was the correct one.

dowload and install an official OS 5 build from here
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Then use app loader to install the OS.

Not sure if i read you right but did you say your PC recognizes when you plug the phone in and that's about it?

If your PC recognizes the phone then you should be able to use app loader
    Actually, NOTHING recognizes the device at all. it just blinks the LED lights whether plugged in (with battery out) or with the battery in. Tried all kinds of jump starting techniques with no avail.
    11-26-10 05:10 PM
    ANYONNEE???? I really need this curve unbricked.
    11-29-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD