So there's been a few things that have been bugging me since I got my blackberry. First, the cache files (usually image icons/files) from my applications keep creating folders in my picture folder and I don't know if that is normal but my friends blackberry doesn't have that problem (she has a blackberry storm). Second, my dictionary.com app is showing up in my options menu...is that normal too? I don't mean in the application folder (apps are supposed to be there) but it actually has it's own folder in the options folder and when you click on it it's just a blank screen...
    please help!
    11-25-10 12:26 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Dictionary.com options (Yes) I've seen a few apps that like to put themselves in the options menu. Although not sure why it's empty (I don't use that app).

The folder creation issue doesn't sound like a usual thing to. Could you give us some more info, IE: Phone Model and OS installed ?
    dl9pf1 likes this.
    11-25-10 02:20 PM
    Which apps are making the folders? Havent seen this one yet. As the poster above stated, more info is need please.
    dl9pf1 likes this.
    11-25-10 08:29 PM
    Thank you for your replies! My bb is a curve 3G 9330 and it has the os v5.0.0.857.
    I used to use evernote, which had that problem, as well as sugarsync. Whenever I would skim through the photos in my folders, the icons of the pictures would be downloaded on to my pic folder. Sometimes when I sync my phone with my mac then it doesn't do that anymore, but then it will start up again by the next sync. Also, my music albums get show up on my pictures folder too. I don't know why. This makes it extremely difficult to get to the pictures I want to get to. I have to scroll through thousands of album covers...it's such a pain..
    Again, thanks for the help bb users!
    11-28-10 03:54 PM
    I also use the Dictionary.com app and I also have the "options" folder that is blank. I noticed that too, but never really thought much about it.

Though I don't have the problem with the icons thing. The only similar situation I can think of is when I downloaded a bunch of MP3s for "LearnSpanish" they were showing up in my media folder, which was super annoying because there are tons of them. The same thing happened when I had Waze installed. I deleted Waze, so I got around that pretty easily, but the way I got around the LearnSpanish thing was I marked the folder they were in as "hidden" and so they stopped showing up in my media player. Not sure if all your icons are in the same folder, but maybe marking them as hidden will have the same affect.
    dl9pf1 likes this.
    11-28-10 04:00 PM
    I also use the Dictionary.com app and I also have the "options" folder that is blank. I noticed that too, but never really thought much about it.

Though I don't have the problem with the icons thing. The only similar situation I can think of is when I downloaded a bunch of MP3s for "LearnSpanish" they were showing up in my media folder, which was super annoying because there are tons of them. The same thing happened when I had Waze installed. I deleted Waze, so I got around that pretty easily, but the way I got around the LearnSpanish thing was I marked the folder they were in as "hidden" and so they stopped showing up in my media player. Not sure if all your icons are in the same folder, but maybe marking them as hidden will have the same affect.
    that would be one solution.. only if I didn't have over 600 files to do it to...Thank you though I'll keep that in mind
    11-28-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD