I have a Curve 9300 and once I leave my house (or anywhere else I have UMA) and enter into 3G/EDGE coverage only I can't send SMS/MMS unless I do battery pull. I try to send a message but it just has a red X next to it, I try to resend it but it doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I try to resend it. So, I have to do a battery pull about five or six times a day.

This all started this past weekend. At first I thought it was because I was running a leaked OS6, but I downgraded back to OS5 last night and I'm having the same problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? Could this be OS related, or maybe just my phone?
    11-24-10 03:49 PM
    I was having this issue on my 9700 with the first leak of OS6. It wasn't until the next leak came out that my issue was fixed. It could be the OS that you're running, but you mentioned that you downgraded back to OS5. So, I'm not entirely sure as to what the problem may be. You're SIM card may have became faulty. You could try going to your local store and getting a replacement SIM card. If this doesn't work, I'd advise you to call tech support/PDA department. Often times they can work something on their end to re-enable your text messaging capability.
    11-27-10 03:42 AM
    I was having this issue on my 9700 with the first leak of OS6. It wasn't until the next leak came out that my issue was fixed. It could be the OS that you're running, but you mentioned that you downgraded back to OS5. So, I'm not entirely sure as to what the problem may be. You're SIM card may have became faulty. You could try going to your local store and getting a replacement SIM card. If this doesn't work, I'd advise you to call tech support/PDA department. Often times they can work something on their end to re-enable your text messaging capability.
    Thanks for responding. I will try replacing the SIM card, I have a couple of extras sitting around. I'll wait until the next leak of os6, and hope that it works if replacing SIM card doesn't.
    11-29-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD