Just got a Torch for my wife and trying to set up wifi ,were in the UK and on T Mobile with the blackberry mail booster enabled.

Emails seem to be working fine.

All i want it to do is connect to our home wifi system, this is what i am doing:

Manage Connections > set up wifi connections > It then discovers my home network > I select this and it comes up with "connecting to Home Network" message, spends about 30 seconds doing this, then comes up with Failed to obtain an IP address

I have checked my settings by:

Manage Connections > set up wifi network > Saved Wifi Networks > Home network, i then get

Name: Home Network
    SSID: Home Network
    Security Type: WPA/WPA2 Personal
    PAss Phrase: My Home network password
    Band Type: 802.11b/g/n
    SSID brodcasted is ticked
    Automatically obtain IP address and DNS is ticked
    Allow inter-screen point handover is unticked

Can anyone help please.

The home wifi is working fine, PS3, IPODS, my works HTC phone, Laptops all connect with no problems at all, only this phone !!!!

Cheers
    David
    11-24-10 01:13 PM
    What brand/model of WiFi router is it? Does it have the latest firmware available?
    Did you setup any Internet Access restrictions/filters on the router such as specific MAC addresses.?

...did you perform a battery pull for 30seconds on the Torch?
    Last edited by pmccartney; 11-24-10 at 01:22 PM. Reason: battery pull???
    11-24-10 01:20 PM
    Ive had/have this same problem as well. The only way I can make it work is to reboot my router which will make my wifi work usually for the entire day. I have also found that if I only turn it on when I need it and them shut it off when im done I dont need to reboot my router very often...maybe once a week.

If anyone knows the cause of or the solution to the problem it would be greatly appreciated!

My router is a d-link DIR-615 and appears to have the latest firmware installed.
    11-24-10 08:39 PM
    May I ask how many wifi devices are connected to the router when this problem occurs? Most home use routers only support 4 wireless clients at the same time. My router is the same way, and I have the exact problem you have described. My work around was to purchase an additional wap, and set the router wifi on channel 1 and the wap on 11 and gave them different ssid's, and now I can have 8 wifi devices
    11-24-10 11:21 PM
    Do you have a BT homehub type B? My torch would connect to that router but 30-60 mins later the router would kick all wireless clients off and not let the berry back on. I got them to send me another router (a type A) and seems fine now. Couple of other folks on the Vodafone forum have seen issues with the homehub too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 12:55 AM
    Simple as is
    Your router it has a limit of connection per Device
    The maximum house router is 8 but if you wanna extend the to more device you have to extend you Internet speed to in order to all of you device have a dicent speed on WIFI. If you have a just a 4 router and all of the device's are connected to it you have to do exactly like mikeyg164 in order to connect more devices tou you WIFI router.

here is a link for you
    Router Setup - Two Routers on Same Home Network?
    it will help you a lot.
    11-25-10 01:45 AM
    I don't know about the limit, of 4 wireless clients at a time, like someone above suggested.
    I have a 6 year old Linksys WRT54GS. Each day, in our household, we have an Xbox360, 2 iPod Touchs', 3 laptops and my Blackberry all using the wifi simultaneously without a problem.
    I can set up the maximum number of DHCP users to assign an IP address to. This number cannot be greater than 253. I have it set at 10. There will be a max, controlled more by channels, to control device 'cross-talk' I believe.

I still wonder what router it is and if the OP has:
    - turned of the >4 other wireless devices while trying to connect the Blackberry
    - manually set a user limit, an IP Range or a MAC address filter, preventing him from adding this device.
    - rebooted or reset the router
    11-25-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD