Okay guys. AT&T is THE BEST provider in my area. Here at my home, I get around 2-3 bars, however sometimes we do drop calls at the house. Out of the house is perfectly fine.

My question is this. With 3G not being here (its a town or so over) will the Microcell work here at my house? Will it transmit a 3G signal inside my home with us only receiving the EDGE network?
    11-22-10 11:02 PM
    in terms of 3G. the answer is NO.
    but your browsing speed will be comparable to your Wi-Fi speed as if you're using your own personal router.
    in terms of signal strength, you will get 5 bars.

i hope that helps
    11-23-10 09:07 PM
    I have the micro cell now. Like you, I do not have 3g at my home but I have 5 bars with the micro cell. Without it I have no reception at all in my house and maybe 2 bars outside. It was definitely worth the money for me. I have tons of rollover minutes so I did not purchase the plan with it. I just use my existing plan minutes. Love it!
    11-23-10 09:51 PM
    Thanks! So is the 150.00 a one time fee?
    11-23-10 10:47 PM
    ^ YES that is a one time fee...
    BUT if you can convince the customer service rep or the retail store rep how poor/bad the reception is in your place.. they will give it to you for free..
    it's just how good you sell your case... you know what i mean?
    if you tell them about how many bars you get... how the phone search for signal every now and then.. you get the picture
    mcdanielnc89 likes this.
    11-23-10 10:50 PM
    Free? Hrm, I need to try this.
    11-25-10 09:44 AM
    Free? Hrm, I need to try this.
    ONLY if you have signal problems hence the NEED for the AT&T micro cell.
    and they will know based on your location and usage how strong the signal is.
    Dropped calls.. if you get a lot of them.
    in the end, AT&T wins since they'll keep you as a subscriber by doing that.
    11-25-10 02:22 PM
    I have the Microcell in my house and get 5 bars. I love it... when it works. My tower, or phone, disconnects from each other a few times a day. I find the signal goes to "SOS" when I least expect it. I don't know if it due to me being close to a window that might be "seeing" some signal from a tower outside or my phone's radio looking elsewhere. It says 3G and I have 5 bars right now! The Microcell was THE selling point as we have no signal in the house.
    12-13-10 10:33 PM
    BUT if you can convince the customer service rep or the retail store rep how poor/bad the reception is in your place.. they will give it to you for free..
    Bull. Anybody who offers a credit for the purchase of a Microcell gets reprimanded, if not FIRED. I believe the rule is something to the effect of "Customer Care should not provide credits for the purchase of a MicroCell under any circumstances". You're not getting a free Microcell unless you've already received a flier or email offering you one, or the network case team determines that there is a localized network issue that cannot be resolved without paying the local government millions for permission to set up new towers.

And getting no service in your house does not warrant a free Microcell. AT&T does not guarantee service in all locations, at all times, and especially not in your abandoned missile silo or radio-deadzone apartment.

Read the terms of service that you agreed to. It's not worded the way it is for no reason.
    12-15-10 01:39 PM
    I got the mico-cell for free and I did get the credit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 01:44 AM
    Well, the person who gave you the credit is probably filing for unemployment now. So good on you.
    01-10-11 06:23 PM
    after being on the phone with at&t CS for over 45 minutes finally they offered me a free micro cell, but have to pay $19.99 every month for unlimited minutes when i already got over 10000 rollover minutes. Is it must pay $19.00??? or i canfght for this also ??? please advise me
    07-12-11 04:59 PM
    You don't need that feature. Go ahead and remove it online. It just gives you unlimited minutes when using the microcell.

Because it's using your internet connection instead of the cell network.
    07-13-11 03:58 AM
    You don't need that feature. Go ahead and remove it online. It just gives you unlimited minutes when using the microcell.

Because it's using your internet connection instead of the cell network.
    thx for reply, today they called me back to let me know that they have no problem to ship microcell to me for free but i have to pay $19.99 every month, so my answer was "NO THANKS" "NEVER MIND", also i said that i will think next few days to which carrier i should leave at&t for, CS reaction was just "I'm sorry to hear that"....btw i'm a $200 + customer each month for at&t and they still easily losing me wtf
    07-13-11 11:21 PM
    i don't believe the scare tactic of " since you're not giving in, i'm bringing my business somewhere else" still works... especially that AT&T knows that you'll be paying more with Verizon in case you go that route.
    And if you happen to sign up with T-mobile instead, you'll be back on AT&T's arms in no time once the merge is approved.
    nite732 likes this.
    07-14-11 11:55 AM
    Dude, you just lost a $200 GSM transceiver. You didn't have to keep the feature on forever! It's not like AT&T would TAKE IT BACK.
    07-17-11 01:20 AM
    it's just how good you sell your case... you know what i mean?
    if you tell them about how many bars you get... how the phone search for signal every now and then.. you get the picture
    That's how I got mine for free. Surprisingly the MicroCell actually works. I was a bit sceptical at first. And it's pretty easy to set-up as well.

One question: Has anyone else had any problems with data on the MicroCell if they're also not connected to a WiFi network Simultaneously? I'm unable to browse the internet on my BlackBerry when connected to my MicroCell UNLESS I am also connected to my home WiFi network. Is this just me, or are others having this problem too?
    07-29-11 06:57 PM
    Dude, you just lost a $200 GSM transceiver. You didn't have to keep the feature on forever! It's not like AT&T would TAKE IT BACK.
    Could/would AT&T go back and charge him the $150.00 that the MicroCell costs?
    07-29-11 06:59 PM
    The MicroCell is now $199.99. The price went UP because so many people were getting them for free. But no, you will never be charged later for a MicroCell if you get a waiver form for one, or you are actually provided with one at a store and not charged there; unless you agreed to other arrangements.
    08-01-11 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD