I have a few questions, I'm getting a bold 9700 in about a week or so.
    And I have a few questions.

If I downloaded OS 6, will it be extremely buggy? and I'm not sure if I have to worry about memory because all I use is pretty much twitter and sometimes facebook.
    And i heard rumors about the trackpad stopping and sometimes loose, does it do that?
    Last edited by SamanthaRose; 11-22-10 at 04:58 PM.
    11-22-10 04:37 PM
    There is no trackball, there is a trackpad and yes, some are kinda loose, but it isn't too bad.

And I would wait on OS6 still. I've installed both leaks and gone back to OS5 within 36 hours due to bugs and not everything working properly.

I would just get I, and use OS5 for now, and check the trackpad in store if its one of your worries. I've had my 9700 for over a year and never a hiccup with performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 04:44 PM
    sorry, it was a typo. I meant to say trackpad.
    11-22-10 04:58 PM
    There is a way to solve the loose or wobbily trackpad issues, you just need to use something to push at the metal backing under the battery right behind the trackpad and it'll correct the wobble, or just check with the carrier in order to get one that isn't wobbly. Mine is slightly wobbly and it's not much of a big deal.

I would stick to OS 5 until an official release of OS 6 gets linked on the forums from one of the carriers.

11-22-10 04:59 PM
    My trackpad wobbles a bit, but it isn't annoying or anything. I'd stick with OS5.

11-22-10 05:42 PM
    and also, I'm getting a bold 9700 because my iPhone 3G freezes and crashes constantly. I can never have a break.
    is this a upgrade or downgrade?
    11-22-10 06:11 PM
    and also, I'm getting a bold 9700 because my iPhone 3G freezes and crashes constantly. I can never have a break.
    is this a upgrade or downgrade?
    From crashing? Don't know about the iPhone but my 9700 has never once crashed, and it rarely freezes. If all you're going to be running is FB and twitter you will not have any problems. Maybe once a week do a quick battery pull to make sure all is fresh, take care of it and you will have no problems in this area
    11-22-10 06:47 PM
    IMHO, 9700 is the best BB ever made and OS 6.00.344 has a couple of bugs but it's worth the upgrade over OS 5.
    11-22-10 06:52 PM
    Just want to pitch in that you will LOVE LOVE LOVE the 9700

I have been using Windows Mobile phones for the past 3 phones, but my Touch Pro 2 just couldn't handle all the txt messaging I did.

I found someone on craigslist selling a used Tmobile 9700 for $200, but I just asked if I could get it for $150 and I got it! The condition is good to almost new.

So far it's my 4th day and I just LOVE how quick everything is and how the battery is on its 3rd day when I even left my wifi on for 9 hours. I also turn on my data a lot by using IM+, without PUSH on. However, I only moved to the 9700 after knowing I can use my $5.99 T-zones plan on it with 3g.

I was gonna get the 9780, but I figured that the high $500+ price will lower after a while. I should also be able to sell my 9700 for $100-150 even up to a year.
    11-22-10 07:08 PM
    When you say the OS6 bugs, what kind of bugs? please explain.
    11-22-10 07:33 PM
    You won't be disappointed in the 9700...Best phone I have used to date and IMO the .358 Os6 leeak runs much better than .344. I still get the "the page is to big" bug and spellcheck still don't work on webkit, but might be user error, I don't know.

It runs smooth, don't have as much as a memory leak and battery life is amazing! Also if you use UMA it holds well.

Hard to go wrong with this phone.

11-22-10 07:52 PM
    all leaks will have its bugs but depending on how you use your blackberry you may never encounter those bugs
    11-22-10 08:09 PM
    Should I get a blackberry torch or blackberry bold?
    which is faster and how good it the torch battery life?
    11-22-10 10:02 PM
    9700 has a better battery life, it depends upon your personal preferences. Do you like touchscreens? IMO the 9700 form fits perfectly in my hand, many say it's the ultimate form factor. 9700 is very solid all around, it will be getting official OS6 one of these days, but if you're new and just looking for a smartphone that is reliable and has a great battery life you can't go wrong with the 9700
    11-22-10 10:06 PM
    How long is it though?
    and is the torch's battery life better then iPhone 3G?
    11-22-10 10:09 PM
    I am using OS 6 and find it to be amazing! No major bugs to be noted, just the cursor disappearing in BlackBerry Messenger, but I can live with that, as you can simply press the **** button then up or down and you'll know where the cursor is since the higlighting wil start.

Other than that, the battery life is amazing, OS is fast.

I loaded OS 6 the first day when I got my phone, didn't even use it, wiped the device completely then loaded OS 6
    11-23-10 12:04 AM
    Ml,

As AG said....

WE KNOW.

and for the last time, please read up about pre-wiping the device, which is worthless.
    11-23-10 01:25 AM
    The 9700 is a great device! And yes OS6 is buggy, but I like it better than OS5. To give you an idea of the battery life on OS6, I used my 9700 for about 2.5hrs yesterday and the battery was at 60%. 60% of that usage was messaging, 30% of it was internet browsing and the last 10% was for other miscellaneous things

11-23-10 10:35 AM
    Well, I'm getting a torch. is it good?
    11-23-10 12:00 PM
    When you say the OS6 bugs, what kind of bugs? please explain.
    I have read this entire thread (link below) EVERY post. And if you still want to upgrade to 6.0 I wish you luck. I did upgrade and went back to the newly released OS 5.0 from AT&T and love it. IT WORKS and I don't have to worry about my phone crappin out on me or freezin! All my apps work. Of course this purely my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of any other on these boards.

Here is the issues thread for the latest 9700 6.0:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-553919/
    11-23-10 02:47 PM
    You should be more than happy with the Torch. To learn more about it, I recommend going into their sub-forum.

Good luck and enjoy!

11-23-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD