Hi Everyone

New to the site.

I am using the Beats by Dre Sold HD headphones with control talk! I can listen to my music but when I make a phone call the phone keeps switching back and forth from the headset to the regular speaker.

The annoying thing is that the same headphones works on my old blackberry bold 9700!

Is there any software fix for this problem?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    11-22-10 10:03 AM
    Same problem.

Even when I dial I hear the key stroke sound throught the headphones.
    11-22-10 11:11 AM
    I have the studios and they are working just fine... The solo's come with the same control talk as the studios(which is control talk universal) or the other one that uses a red cord?
    11-22-10 12:17 PM
    I am having same issue. I can not hear when making phone calls. Has anyone been able to solve this problem?
    11-27-10 02:00 PM
    same problem here... im using the ibeats... could this be an OS issue? im running OS 6.0.0.246
    01-02-11 09:26 PM
    I got the studios , the new power beats, and the tours ( I think that's the name I gave them to my brother).. I'll try with all of them and I'll keep you informed
    01-03-11 12:11 AM
    I am using lady gaga heartbeats by dr dre and I can't seem to control the music (volume etc.) with the control talk remote. Is there a problem with my headphones or is it that it doesn't support blackberry?
    01-03-11 09:36 AM
    I'm having the same issue (calls going from handset to headset and back once a second) with a pair of Ultimate Ears 200vi
    01-04-11 03:29 PM
    looks like it might be the torch. im having the same problem with beats solo's. seems its not only bbd headphones. hope they fix it soon, they were expensive headphones.
    01-10-11 01:15 AM
    I have this same problem...I'm using a Blackberry Torch with the iBeats by Monster. None of the functions on the ControlTalk work at all. And I can't use the headphones for a call because it does that stupid little switch between handset and headset thing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? These were some damn expensive headphones!
    01-14-11 03:05 PM
    I have this same problem...I'm using a Blackberry Torch with the iBeats by Monster. None of the functions on the ControlTalk work at all. And I can't use the headphones for a call because it does that stupid little switch between handset and headset thing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? These were some damn expensive headphones!
    Yes they were and it seems like nobody has an answer to this.... And it even says in the box that it works with blackberries... This is getting annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 10:14 AM
    Not sure about the issues with phone calls but, I have the beats solo HD headphones and the volume control doesn't work at all with them. The only thing that works is the pause button....sometimes.

01-22-11 10:22 AM
    I still have no answer...has anyone else tried calling Monster's Customer Support? I called a few days ago and was on hold for 20 minutes, so I just gave up...
    01-22-11 05:45 PM
    Same prob here. I can hear music and even pause with my t<3rch, but can't use it for calls at all. You can see the headphone thingy turn on and off. If I hold one of the buttons on the remote, I can hear a call, but once I let go....

I am really starting to hate on my phone, nothing but trouble. And I've loaded the newest OS .337 on and it still has all these problems (bluetooth, and now this).
    02-28-11 02:59 PM
    Everyone try upgrading to OS 6.0.0.450 and see if that fixes the issue you guys are having.

02-28-11 03:05 PM
    Doesnt work with my Shure SE115m either. Kind of sucks, the headphones are amazing, but I cant use them with my phone really. I get a call and have to take them out, its annoying. Has anyone found anything that works?
    03-04-11 09:28 AM
    Yo - homies - here's my 2� worth:

I went onto ebay and ordered a beautiful little headset - the "S2M" by Klipsch. Cost about $30 including the shipping. Really sweet stereo sound, lots of bass, clear high-notes - & the oval-shaped earbuds fit my ears so comfortably, plus it includes a little microphone with a button on it so if I'm listening to music when a call comes in, the Torch automatically mutes the music and I just click the little button on the mic and it answers the call, and people say the voice quality is really good when I'm using it for phone calls. When the call is done, the music resumes. If I'm listening to music, I can pause the song by pressing the mic button. One more press and it resumes. Really smooth. Did I say how good they sound?

Well there is one small thing - they are the earbud style, not the over-the-ear type like RomeyyRomeee is stylin'...

Made by a long time audio company from Arkansas now Indiana and these folks know audio. Give 'em a try. I liked them so much I bought a set for each person in my family for xmas.
    03-04-11 11:40 AM
    i have got the sme problem..i got the solo hd from beats and bb torch.. unfortunately the control talk is not working on the phone..it keeps switchin back to the phone..i have called up monster and for the sake of all bb torch users..the solo hd's wont work with the bb torchh...
    05-10-11 03:58 AM
    My Dre Solo HDs came with 2 cords... one with the Control talk functions, one without. The one without is meant to be used with the Blackberry, and works fine on my Torch (can make calls, listen, talk, etc.). I got mine about a month ago, so maybe they are including the Blackberry compatible cords in the newer ones?
    05-10-11 04:30 PM
    05-23-11 02:43 PM
    So, I've been looking into the problem, i have the bold 9780, torch, and cure 83xx. they all seem to work fine with the cord that doesnt have the control talk on it. however when it comes to the cord with the control talk, there seems to be issues. Apparently, RIM doesn't want to work with monster to fox the problem so that the control talk can have access to control the mobile phones. So as of right now, the control talk will NOT work with BlackBerry smartphones. The control talk was made with the intentions for iPhone users, which is dumb, since BlackBerries are better phones.
    06-16-11 08:08 PM
    Possible solution. i have beats solo, and studio. the control talk cable(red) that came with the solo's have the same issue where it switches back and forth when plugged into the solo's or studio's. but the control talk cable(black) that comes with the studio's(they come with 2 different cables) work completely fine for listening to music, making and recieving calls, voice commands, and all around awesomeness.

hope this helped if theres a way you can get your hands on that cable, ebay etc.
    I'm using Torch 6.0.0.600
    07-04-11 01:59 AM
    Yeah, they don't work. RIM is foolish for not working with Monster to fix this. They'll drive me to an iphone or Android yet.
    03-27-12 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD