Just upgraded from the Bold 9000 to the 9700, and the Facebook app, which never gave me a problem with the 9000, is acting weird on my 9700. Most annoying is that sometimes peoples' names, or even whole lines of text, are covered by an opaque blue line, so the page is rendered to look like a top-secret CIA document, with sections crossed out. If I scroll down and back up, sometimes the lines are gone and I can read the words, and others times they're still obscured. I tried deleting and reinstalling Facebook, as well as checking for updates, to no avail. Anyone else experience this "censored" look to Facebook on their 9700, and if so, is there a fix? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 02:12 AM
    I don't have this problem. Wonder if it has to do with the os you're using?
    11-22-10 02:52 AM
    i have a facebook problem... i cant uninstall it..anybody have any idea how i can do this?
    11-22-10 03:15 AM
    Uninstall facebook, battery pull, reinstall facebook, battery pull. If the app fails to work correctly, use it only to upload photos and use m.facebook.com with the native browser.

11-22-10 04:07 AM
    Options then applications then delete from there
    11-22-10 05:34 AM
    have tried that but i dont have applications under options

its not for my phone its for my gf bb
    11-22-10 09:05 AM
    hope you aren't getting confused by the fb web link thats now default...
    11-22-10 09:37 AM
    If you just got your 9700, have you upgraded your OS yet?
    11-22-10 09:37 AM
    I haven't upgraded the OS. I'm sure it's easy to do, but could you please forgive my stupidity and tell me how and/or send me a link? Thanks. One more thing: is OS 6 coming out for the 9700, or are we stuck with what we've got? Just curious

11-22-10 12:37 PM
    11-22-10 12:53 PM
    Thanks, Pavement. I tried m.facebook.com, and I get the same errors that way, so the problem is obviously bigger than just the app. This means I'll likely have to upgrade the entire OS, which I'll do hopefully this week when I have more time. Gotta love the holidays for feeding the crackberry addiction

11-22-10 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD