Is there a free GPS that I can get on my bb
    11-21-10 06:39 PM
    you should have bbmaps already on your phone, also there is google maps
    11-21-10 06:47 PM
    is there a chg for bb maps ?? Does it act like a gps driving
    11-21-10 06:56 PM
    There is no charge for it. It shows where you are on the map while you are driving. It doesn't do 3d like some stand alone units do. Works pretty well. I use google maps more often then bbmaps, there is no charge for it either.

m.google.com from your BlackBerry.
    11-21-10 07:01 PM
    I agree with gordongr and dudermont.

Be advised, though, that Google Maps does not have GPS. It uses the nearest telecom towers to pinpoint your "general" location and not your exact location; Google Maps will sometimes be off by a couple of meters and sometimes the "you are here" indicator may jump a few blocks away even though you are standing still.
    11-21-10 07:20 PM
    thank you i will try it
    11-21-10 07:21 PM
    Google maps does use the phones built in gps. When it is on towers only it is only accurate within hundreds of meters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 07:34 PM
    I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded ATT navigator but now I see its a py thing so how do I delete it ??

Also where do I fing bb maps ? I want something so I can use my phone like a gps free that will show the roads im on . Is that possible?

Thank you
    11-21-10 08:11 PM
    Try google maps. M.google.com from your phone.

Blackberry maps get at

Blackberry.com/maps from your phone.

11-21-10 08:20 PM
    but do they show the roads and where you are like a gps ? Or is it just like mapquest driving directions
    11-21-10 08:33 PM
    but do they show the roads and where you are like a gps ? Or is it just like mapquest driving directions
    bbappworld, try the bb traffic app, it may be more of what your looking for
    11-21-10 08:34 PM
    Scroll over the app and click the menu button, then delete.

BlackBerry Maps is kind of tricky with the 9000. AT&T (as well as every carrier that released the 9000) wants you to use their subscription based GPS maps instead of the free BlackBerry Maps. Try searching CB or Google to find out how to get it. I would explain but it would take a while...
    11-21-10 08:34 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic is not what you're looking for. It's not an actual map. BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps are actual maps that show roads.
    11-21-10 08:36 PM
    nope no delete when at the menu button ??? Do I have to call att and tell thme I dont want it ?
    11-21-10 08:37 PM
    nope no delete when at the menu button ??? Do I have to call att and tell thme I dont want it ?
    No.

10 char
    11-21-10 08:39 PM
    ???????????????? what is 10 char mean
    11-21-10 08:49 PM
    unreal, i found it and they sent a download link to my phone, I click "i agree" and it does nothing....
    11-21-10 08:54 PM
    ok now its says it is downloaded but where i the link or app ???
    11-21-10 08:57 PM
    ???????????????? what is 10 char mean
    It means "10 characters." On CB (as well as many other forums) the minimum characters required for a post is 10, my answer only required three. We put "10 char" to add more characters if our comment is less than 10 (e.g., "No. 10 char." makes 10 characters).

unreal, i found it and they sent a download link to my phone, I click "i agree" and it does nothing....
    Downloading Maps from the BlackBerry site is disabled for the 9000. Every carrier that released the 9000 put a subscription based GPS app on it. They don't want you to use the free one RIM provides so they hid it. BB Maps should be on the device already.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-21-10 at 09:03 PM.
    11-21-10 09:00 PM
    It said it was downloaded but I cant find it
    ok how do I find it then and also how do I make sure im not charged for downloading ATT navigator, I cant see how to delete it this is what I was asking if I had to call ATT
    11-21-10 09:08 PM
    It said it was downloaded but I cant find it ok how do I find it then
    This is why I said to search Google or here on the CB forums. This has been asked and answered since the device came out in May of 2008. Do you have DM?

and also how do I make sure im not charged for downloading ATT navigator, I cant see how to delete it this is what I was asking if I had to call ATT
    If they were going to charge you, somewhere on the screen when you downloaded it, it would've said something that implied that you were going to be charged. If you carefully read everything and found nothing that implied that you were being billed for downloading or using the app, no worries then.
    11-21-10 09:21 PM
    it said it was free for 30 days then charged, I dont want it ....

What is DM ? Sorry im not hip to the lingo,lol
    11-21-10 09:24 PM
    it said it was free for 30 days then charged, I dont want it ....

What is DM ? Sorry im not hip to the lingo,lol
    If you activated it/actually used it, then I would definitely suggest calling AT&T CS as the charge will probably end up on your bill. I would also try deactivating/canceling the trial just in case. I never used AT&T Navigator so I'm unsure how to do this.

DM = Desktop Manager (some refer to it as Desktop Software, but DM/Desktop Manager is the most widely used term)
    11-21-10 09:54 PM
    sounds like you really need google maps. Once you get it spend a lot of time with it & learn it. It does so much along with showing roads your on, its totally free also.
    11-21-10 10:03 PM
    Use google maps. It does what you need.

On a side note. Not all carriers that release the 9000 forced subscription gps. Rogers in canada released it with bb maps enabled.

11-21-10 11:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD