Is there a way I can use my S2 on Virgin Mobile? I need to cut down on my bills and that $35/month plan is looking real nice but I don't want an 8530 nor do I want to spend $400 for the phone (no offense to the owners). S2 is CDMA and so is Virgin Mobile so it should work, correct?
    11-21-10 06:00 PM
    it can be done i think but the data might not work. You will have to look into the same method as with sprint PCS i think. i think that is listed in the storm 1 forums
    11-21-10 06:56 PM
    No you can't as Virgin is a separate CDMA carrier and they will be unable to get a Verizon, Bell or Telus (or other carrier) S2 onto their system. You could use the S2 on Fido or Rogers at 2G (EDGE) speeds, but not on Virgin. The reason for this is that to connect to a CDMA network, the carriers have to have the ESN registered on their network and CDMA carriers do not allow you to take a device with an ESN registered on one network and change it to theirs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you should probably look elsewhere (for example, if you're a student, consider checking out the student plans on Telus and Bell, or if you're not, look into the Social Networking plans). That's your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 05:53 AM
    Is there a way I can use my S2 on Virgin Mobile? I need to cut down on my bills and that $35/month plan is looking real nice but I don't want an 8530 nor do I want to spend $400 for the phone (no offense to the owners). S2 is CDMA and so is Virgin Mobile so it should work, correct?
    The short answer is no. You cannot use any Blackberry on Virgin Mobile.
    11-23-10 09:16 AM
    No you can't as Virgin is a separate CDMA carrier and they will be unable to get a Verizon, Bell or Telus (or other carrier) S2 onto their system. You could use the S2 on Fido or Rogers at 2G (EDGE) speeds, but not on Virgin. The reason for this is that to connect to a CDMA network, the carriers have to have the ESN registered on their network and CDMA carriers do not allow you to take a device with an ESN registered on one network and change it to theirs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you should probably look elsewhere (for example, if you're a student, consider checking out the student plans on Telus and Bell, or if you're not, look into the Social Networking plans). That's your best bet.

This is not true, there are many Verizon phones that could be used on Virgin Mobile.
    11-23-10 09:17 AM
    If that's the case, then that's because Virgin Mobile in the US is a subsidiary of Verizon. Typically, you cannot take CDMA devices from one carrier to another as the big problem is dealing with activating the ESN on the other carrier (for example, you cannot take a BlackBerry 9670 from Sprint to Verizon - they won't allow it, regardless of what you try or say).

(BTW, sorry, I was posting on my phone meaning that I missed the location information and that the poster was located in the US - Virgin Mobile Canada does carry BlackBerry devices and is also CDMA).
    11-23-10 12:21 PM
    Virgin Mobile in the US is a subsidiary of Sprint.
    11-25-10 08:57 PM
    The short answer is no. You cannot use any Blackberry on Virgin Mobile.
    Not true. Virgin Mobile is offering the Curve, as is Boost. Both are subs of Sprint.

11-27-10 08:34 AM
    can you use the storm 2 on virgin in canada now that they have sim cards??? i've been looking everywhere for and answer to this. so hopefully someone knows
    12-09-10 02:01 AM
    I would like to know as well, as I am looking to give my 9550 to my wife to use on virgin mobile canada
    12-17-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD