So I've been saving my T-Mobile upgrade for two years now. With the 9780 out I figure its a good time to finally re-up and use it. Do you think T-Mobile will have a Black Friday deal on the 9780?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 11:10 AM
    So I've been saving my T-Mobile upgrade for two years now. With the 9780 out I figure its a good time to finally re-up and use it. Do you think T-Mobile will have a Black Friday deal on the 9780?

If T-Mobile doesn't, either Best Buy, Wirefly, or Radioshack will.
    11-21-10 11:27 AM
    What kind of deal do you think? I see they're $129 right now online. I'd pay that if Black Friday wasn't approaching. I'm pretty patient seening as I've been holding out for two years now!

11-21-10 11:35 AM
    What kind of deal do you think? I see they're $129 right now online. I'd pay that if Black Friday wasn't approaching. I'm pretty patient seening as I've been holding out for two years now!

Last year, T-Mobile had a $50 off the price of the 9700.
    Aka, full price was $399 instead of $449 and subsidized was $79 instead of $129. If you had purchased the 9700 within 30 days of Thanksgiving week-end, you could do a price adjustment and get the $50 back.
    11-21-10 06:21 PM
    Yeah I bet wirefly def will if you don't want to mess with the black Friday traffic
    11-22-10 03:26 AM
    I forgot about wirefly. I can't wait for Friday now.

11-22-10 06:32 AM
    I see two new blackberries in the near future.

http://www.tmonews.com/2010/11/t-mob...+%28TmoNews%29
    11-22-10 10:33 AM
    Last year, T-Mobile had a $50 off the price of the 9700.
    Aka, full price was $399 instead of $449 and subsidized was $79 instead of $129. If you had purchased the 9700 within 30 days of Thanksgiving week-end, you could do a price adjustment and get the $50 back.
    A price adjustment, aka send the phone you got back and do a return and they send you another phone and restart your contract. I. Hate. T-Mobile. I bought my 9700 and the next day they dropped the price. Always a hassle with them.

11-24-10 10:30 AM
    A price adjustment, aka send the phone you got back and do a return and they send you another phone and restart your contract. I. Hate. T-Mobile. I bought my 9700 and the next day they dropped the price. Always a hassle with them.

That isn't really anyone's fault technically.
    11-24-10 11:19 AM
    That isn't really anyone's fault technically.
    I'm not complaining about the price drop. I just think it should have been way easier to get the $50 credit. But who am I?

11-24-10 12:11 PM
    T-Mobile announces Black Friday deals for families | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    "The Black Friday deals are coming in fast and furious, and now, T-Mobile has throw its hat into the ring with a new buy one, get one promotion for the annual post-Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza.

Starting November 26, new and existing T-Mobile customers who purchase a featured smartphone and sign up for a two-year family plan will be able to get a second featured smartphone or affordable Android phone for free.

The carrier's list of featured smartphones include the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G, the T-Mobile G2, the HTC HD7, the RIM BlackBerry Bold 9780, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab, while the affordable Android phone group consists of the Motorola Defy, the Motorola Charm, the LG Optimus T, and the T-Mobile Comet.

Fortunately, this promotion will run through January 18, so you don't have to fight the crowds on Black Friday. You will have to go into a retail store to take advantage of the BOGO offer, as the deal won't be available through T-Mobile's Web store. Existing customers can go through T-Mobile Care but it will require two smartphone upgrades."
    Last edited by GLOCKshooter; 11-26-10 at 05:08 AM.
    11-26-10 05:05 AM
    Bahhhhh

I don't consider this promotion any big deal at all.
    11-28-10 01:53 PM
    Bahhhhh

I don't consider this promotion any big deal at all.
    Then what do you consider a big deal? I can do this now and not have to wait until January to do my upgrade.
    11-29-10 09:05 AM
    Then what do you consider a big deal? I can do this now and not have to wait until January to do my upgrade.

This deal is only good for someone needing two upgrades at once or someone adding a line along with an upgrade( or even just someone adopting two new lines) It does nothing for someone just wanting ONE DEAL.
    I actually have 4 upgrades available but so unimpressed by this deal that I will just wait for something that doesn't force me into TWO deals
    i guess its fine for someone who fits the nitch but I would have expected a Black Friday deal that would work for singles or families. This buy one get one is old hat and nothing special
    11-29-10 01:49 PM
    can someone tell me how to use wirefly to upgrade a phone? I want to get the new myTouch 4G and wirefly has it for $48. TIA!
    11-29-10 11:00 PM
    Man, some insane deals on some awesome phones. So wish I was in the market right now.

12-01-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD