Does blackberry have tango? Or any type of video chat ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 10:51 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. Wouldn't a forward facing camera be needed for that?

11-21-10 11:00 AM
    Not that I'm aware of - but I'm far from an expert, but I'm waiting for the PlayBook to come out for that.
    11-21-10 11:24 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. Wouldn't a forward facing camera be needed for that?

That's my understanding, otherwise you'd have to flip the phone front to back every time the conversation side switched.

That could look very interesting.
    11-21-10 11:37 AM
    Video chat features would work on some carriers, such as rogers in canada. One camera requires the phone to be flipped each time.

11-21-10 03:34 PM
    Guys, seriously?

Video-chat is, not only useless, but it means that while you are seen, you can also see the other person while talking. If you don't have a front facing camera, how are you supposed to look at the other person? Especially if you turn the phone. What? You gonna keep turning the phone every time? So ridiculous. I like how in America something that has been out there for years and years is now a "must have" because Apple has it. Front facing cameras that run fine on network calls and not just WiFi have been out for years in Europe and the rest of the globe.

This is what I mean when I say that the USA market is its own (stupid) niche. I am not trying to sound like the arrogant European but, sorry, I've noticed that Americans with cellphones care more about that Chipotle app or a ******** front facing camera rather than look for cellphones with good reception, call quality, typing, etc. No, its all about how big your screen is, or how you can order pizza in Malaysia while in Mobile Alabama. Hence why Nokia is Finnish, BBs are Canadians and... Apple, WinMo, and Android are yankees.
    Last edited by Capitan Totti; 11-21-10 at 06:01 PM.
    11-21-10 05:59 PM
    tango needs to come to blackberry!
    12-21-10 02:46 AM
    Guys, seriously?

Video-chat is, not only useless, but it means that while you are seen, you can also see the other person while talking. If you don't have a front facing camera, how are you supposed to look at the other person? Especially if you turn the phone. What? You gonna keep turning the phone every time? So ridiculous. I like how in America something that has been out there for years and years is now a "must have" because Apple has it. Front facing cameras that run fine on network calls and not just WiFi have been out for years in Europe and the rest of the globe.

This is what I mean when I say that the USA market is its own (stupid) niche. I am not trying to sound like the arrogant European but, sorry, I've noticed that Americans with cellphones care more about that Chipotle app or a ******** front facing camera rather than look for cellphones with good reception, call quality, typing, etc. No, its all about how big your screen is, or how you can order pizza in Malaysia while in Mobile Alabama. Hence why Nokia is Finnish, BBs are Canadians and... Apple, WinMo, and Android are yankees.
    You ARE an arrogant European!!!!!!!!!!! But the flipside, no "Yankee" really cares what you guys think. Have a nice day.

12-21-10 03:08 AM
    Mke67 - don't bring all the europeans in to the same context as capitan totti mind frame. Ur being stereotypical there!

There are a lot of europeans on this forum and I'm sure there not as arrogant as he is...you need to choose ur words better...

12-21-10 03:57 AM
    wow,
    let the world war begin once again.
    12-21-10 04:48 AM
    To close (this thread) or not to close... That is the question

12-21-10 05:22 AM
    Mke67 - don't bring all the europeans in to the same context as capitan totti mind frame. Ur being stereotypical there!

There are a lot of europeans on this forum and I'm sure there not as arrogant as he is...you need to choose ur words better...

So sorry...It seems every forum I go to nowadays there is America bashing and I got a little spazzy, again my apologies.
    12-21-10 12:52 PM
    The Blackberry also lacks processing power!
    12-21-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD