My dad is trying to set up his work email.... He has a storm 9550 and he needs to know what that is and how he can get his

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 04:49 PM
    go to setup on your phone

11-20-10 04:55 PM
    No dude everything is setup except for this URL where do I get it

11-20-10 05:06 PM
    Do you have verizonwireless

11-20-10 05:11 PM
    Yes I do have Verizon wireless

11-20-10 05:16 PM
    No dude everything is setup except for this URL where do I get it

If it's set up like ours it's using BES with Exchange, admin will need to add/allow.
    11-20-10 05:48 PM
    Oh how can he go about doing that ?

11-20-10 05:54 PM
    Oh how can he go about doing that ?

Ask whomever administrates the server at work, if it's the same setup.
    11-20-10 06:04 PM
    This is for BIS: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. If he has BES, he will need to contact the admin as genomos stated.
    11-20-10 06:58 PM
    If he is using Outlook Web Access at work, he likely doesn't have BES. But you will still have to contact the person in charge of IT to find out what the exchange server is. If your dad knows the info to access OWA via the computer, then it may be:
    https://mail.domainname.com/exchange where domainname is the name of your dad's company's Exchange domain.

For username, enter the username used to log into OWA and the password where prompted. For email account, enter the section before the @company.com (e.g. johnsmith if the email address is [email protected]).

That should work. If not, you will need the info from the IT department.

11-20-10 10:43 PM
    If he is using Outlook Web Access at work, he likely doesn't have BES. But you will still have to contact the person in charge of IT to find out what the exchange server is. If your dad knows the info to access OWA via the computer, then it may be:
    https://mail.domainname.com/exchange where domainname is the name of your dad's company's Exchange domain.

For username, enter the username used to log into OWA and the password where prompted. For email account, enter the section before the @company.com (e.g. johnsmith if the email address is [email protected]).

That should work. If not, you will need the info from the IT department.

Thank You sir
    11-21-10 10:02 AM
    Not a problem. I had to set my BB up using the same method. (And its ma'am actually, or you know what I mean ).

But try just inputting the email address and password during setup. It might be able to autodetect all of the server settings anyhow.

11-21-10 12:09 PM
    Not a problem. I had to set my BB up using the same method. (And its ma'am actually, or you know what I mean ).

But try just inputting the email address and password during setup. It might be able to autodetect all of the server settings anyhow.

This always works unless IT has set up the Active Directory username different then the email address for the account. When that happens, the email wizard on the BB will fail because by default it tries to use the part before the @ sign as the username. When this happens, an advanced setup must be run, but the server url is most always not the issue.
    11-21-10 08:46 PM

I apologizes didn't mean to call you a man :P No hard feelings hope
    11-21-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD