hi everyone! hope i could get some help on this problem. i have been trying to send sms to some contacts and i always get the error "sms transfer rejected". i can send sms to myself and some other contacts but all. there are some numbers i cannot send sms to and i always get that error message. i already contacted my service provider to no avail. i hope someone can help on this and it would be greatly appreciated.
    11-20-10 02:47 PM
    Just a guess, but if there is a prefix/leading zero in those contacts, you need to drop the leading zero from your contacts in the address book. This should solve the problem.

If your phone was set-up to NOT display caller ID info for my outgoing calls you may have stored "*82" in front of the phone numbers you wanted to display my caller ID info. The *82 numbers will give you the error. Remove the *82's from your phone book.

try Using the '+' sign instead of 01, if you're using international dialing numbers.
    11-20-10 02:55 PM
    I had a similar issue with my 8530 and found that any phone number in my address book with a "1" before the area code would fail as you describe. When I removed the "1" before the area code the problem stopped.

Mike
    11-21-10 09:59 AM
    I had a similar issue with my 8530 and found that any phone number in my address book with a "1" before the area code would fail as you describe. When I removed the "1" before the area code the problem stopped.

Mike
    Dang, I was having that same problem with a couple of contacts and used your advice and now no problems...wonder why the MMS still got through to them..oh well...problem solved....thanks
    11-30-10 12:25 PM
    problem solved now. thanks for your replies! i think it has something to do with the phone itself. i just deleted some messages especially from those that i cannot send messages to and the problem stopped occurring now.
    12-24-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD