I just switched from one blackberry curve to the new red curve 8330. My email icons show on the application screen, but I do not receive any emails. When I go into the email setup and I use my user name and password, it states my email account has been suspended, contact your administrator. I use yahoo mail. Any help would be appreciated.
    07-25-08 04:15 PM
    Go to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, hit Menu, select Register Now.

If that doesn't do it,

Go to your BIS site - BlackBerry Internet Service
    And go to Service books, then select Send Service Books.

If that doesn't do it, delete that email, then add it again.
    07-25-08 04:19 PM
    Chaz, thanks for the info, but it still did not work. When I try to go to the BIS and log in with my user name and password I get this"

Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator.

I cannot get any further.

HELP!!!!
    07-25-08 04:33 PM
    Ahhh okay, I need your Username / PIN number for your old device and account, only I have the abilitiy to restore that account via my admin tool. I also need the NEW ESN DEC and New PIN number to your device so i can get it switched over.
    07-25-08 05:19 PM
    Did you log o to your BIS account and change your PIN? You will need to update your account with your new PIN nad re-send the service books.
    07-25-08 07:46 PM
    cabeck...this happened to me when I fist activated my Sprint curve. I had to jump through hoops with Spint customer service to get it working right.

We reset it & went through the whole host routing table over & over.

Finally they just had to start from scratch & set it back to factory standards. thankfully it was only a day after I got the phone so I did not lose that much information, just had to imput all of my contacts again.
    07-25-08 08:09 PM
    You cant do anything if that account is suspended, I can reactivate it but I need the Username for sprint.blackberry.com or the old PIN number on the old blackberry.
    07-25-08 09:00 PM
    I just turned the old phone back on to get the pin info etc and I see my email is still going to that phone.
    07-25-08 09:04 PM
    I just tried to call sprint and they were transferring me to a tech person and I got disconnected. If you can't help, I will try with them again.
    07-25-08 09:10 PM
    I can help but I need an email address that was on that account. I also need your NEW pin and NEW esn for your device, just send me a PM.
    07-25-08 10:26 PM
    Hey just wanted to let everyone know that the SprintBBtech solved my problem. Maybe some of you should lighten up a bit on him. He did fine by me!!!!!
    07-26-08 07:51 PM
    I may be needing SprintBBtech's help on Monday when I get my replacement. We'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 08:02 PM
    Just be careful giving out usernames and PIN numbers and ESN numbers on here. I know we're a good group of people, but there's a lot someone can do with this information.

07-27-08 08:46 AM
    it happen to me now, I switched from 8703e to curve, and now I can't login to my BIS account anymore.
    Does simply creating a new account will work ? or do I have to call sprint CSR...:-(
    08-06-08 02:19 AM
    Did you login from your pc and switch the PIN number on your BIS account? If you get an error, please call Sprint and ask for BB tech support. Don't give away usernames, passwords, PIN #s, or ESN numbers on the forums. Its not safe.

08-06-08 07:55 AM
    ok, I called bb tech support, and they told me, it happens every time you swapped to a new phone..
    and now, everything is back to normal, I started receiving my email again..
    08-06-08 12:20 PM
    i had this probably too and basically. . . i had to tell the lady at sprint what my problem was, and after explaining it...tell her again and remind her that I was not a newbie type of customer and was very well versed in how to use my blackberry, and their email setup online as well. Then she talked to someone that showed her how to reset my account. So just bug them until that works basically. Another sprint customer service horror story. But they are doing better it seems like...maybe its that losing 901,000 customers or whatever lol
    08-09-08 10:26 PM
    same thing has happened to me. When i try to create a new account, it says an account for this pin already exists, but when I try to log into my own account, it says my account has been suspended

ill try calling bb tech support
    01-30-09 02:03 PM
    When switching blackberry devices you need to swap the ESN and PIN online at sprint.blackberry.com first and then swap the ESN via sprint.com second. I find it usually works best if you have both windows open at the same time and can accomplish both task within a few minutes of each other. If you have to call in to do an ESN swap, you will need to switch via sprint.blackberry.com first and then call in to have your ESN swapped.
    01-30-09 02:48 PM
    i switched the esn first via online chat...then did the esn and pin switch at sprint.blackberry.com second

maybe that's the problem?
    01-30-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD