I just got the 9300 and I can not get Google sync on my phone. When ever I go to the website it says to get on my computer and see if my phone is compatible with Google sync and does not give me any downloading options. Anyone else having problems with this?
    11-20-10 01:50 AM
    What are you using Google Sync for? BIS allows contacts, mail and calendar syncs with Google now without downloading Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    El Bori likes this.
    11-20-10 02:33 AM
    What are you using Google Sync for? BIS allows contacts, mail and calendar syncs with Google now without downloading Google Sync.

This is the first I've heard of this. If I log onto my carrier's BIS site there will be an option for this? Provided my gmail account associated with my calendar and contacts is linked to the BIS?

Thanks

Mark

11-20-10 01:40 PM
    I just upgraded to the latest version of os 6 and didn't back up my 3rd party apps, so I had to download Google Sync and I get the same message. Anyone figure out what's going on, or have more info on this?
    11-22-10 04:38 PM
    Just as was said above, GoogleSync is irrelevant now. Just log into your carriers BIS site (from computer), or your "Email Settings" (on phone) icon. Click on your gmail account (or select Edit if on computer). Scroll down to "Sync Options" and check off what you want.
    big_time2 and El Bori like this.
    11-22-10 04:59 PM
    Just as was said above, GoogleSync is irrelevant now. Just log into your carriers BIS site (from computer), or your "Email Settings" (on phone) icon. Click on your gmail account (or select Edit if on computer). Scroll down to "Sync Options" and check off what you want.
    Thanks. This worked.
    11-22-10 05:25 PM
    Wondering if the OP came from an android.

11-22-10 07:52 PM
    What is the time delay on BIS configured GoogleSync? I tried what ridesno159 said and when I added a new event on my BB calendar it didnt show up on my google calendar and vice versa...does it only sync every few hours or something?
    11-22-10 09:37 PM
    What is the time delay on BIS configured GoogleSync? I tried what ridesno159 said and when I added a new event on my BB calendar it didnt show up on my google calendar and vice versa...does it only sync every few hours or something?
    I haven't really checked but I assume its same as it was before this.

11-22-10 10:16 PM
    Wondering if the OP came from an android.

Why would that be the case? I've been using Google Sync on my Storm to back up my contacts for a while now. I didn't realize BIS does this now, not sure how long it has, but if you use Gmail this is a perfectly logical thing to do.
    11-25-10 11:58 AM
    That's weird. I added a calendar event and it showed up almost instantly on my Google calendar on the computer.

11-25-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD