1 week after I bought my 9650..I got frustrated with a certain person and when I used my phone out of frustration I accidentally pressed the trackpad a "little" too much..now my trackpad has 1 side that is ok and the other 3 is a little deep than normal, what can be a possible fix for this with operating it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 06:21 PM
    You could to see if it would be covered under warranty or try to use some of the steps here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fi...ackpad-487778/
    11-19-10 06:32 PM
    You didn't cause it to be crooked by using it. It was likely that way and you didn't notice it. If you look at that thread link that was posted, many of us have the issue.
    11-21-10 08:34 AM
    Slanted trackpads are common on the 9650 and have been since day one. Are you sure that the trackpad wasn't already slanted. Also, you mentioned that 3 were a little deeper than normal. You're covered under the warranty, call and get a replacement.
    11-21-10 09:34 AM
    Do you have a cover/Case/Skin? it could be pushing the the camera side convenience Key, this will cause the trackpad not to response.
    11-22-10 08:34 PM
    Lol, tried pushing really hard to make mine straight - no go

11-23-10 01:29 AM
    Lol, tried pushing really hard to make mine straight - no go

Tried that too. Haha.
    11-23-10 11:04 AM
    Slanted trackpads are common on the 9650 and have been since day one. Are you sure that the trackpad wasn't already slanted. Also, you mentioned that 3 were a little deeper than normal. You're covered under the warranty, call and get a replacement.
    I have the same problem. Would I have to call Verizon for a replacement or do i call the BlackBerry company?
    11-27-10 01:09 AM
    Yup call Verizon i think its a known issue and will have it replaced after you speak to the tech or might get lucky and the first person you talk to will just send the replacement right away.

Just tell them it was a little crooked at first and it got worse which in my case it was crooked from day one!

Goodluck.
    11-27-10 01:14 AM
    Thanks, mine was crooked when I first got it as well.
    11-27-10 01:16 AM
    Yea NP and let us know is they send you one with no crooked pad which i doubt but who knows!
    11-27-10 01:22 AM
    Both mine and my wife's are crooked. It sounds like that's the way the 9650 is made. hmmm...
    11-27-10 02:30 AM
    Out of the blue - one week old phone - track pad was skipping and phone sluggish. I tried turning phone off and on, checking web support, anything. Then thought back - It started after I downloaded the New York Times app. After a day of frustration - I went back to the NYT app to see if there might be a connection. I scrolled and hit the "reset" on the app and voila - track pad issue was gone.

Can't figure it out - but it works - sure hope that doesn't happen again
    12-25-10 11:06 PM
    Opening up.
    There is a fix somewhere on CB.

I fixed mine in 10 minutes during school so it isn't hard.

12-26-10 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD