What does it mean if my 9650 have a white dot sticker under the battery that says 11/10?

BTW...this is a replacment unit. On the new unit I had the back button quit working. Verizon overnighted this replacment now questions asked.
    11-19-10 10:19 AM
    i would venture to guess that is when that phone was sent back to a store to use as a certified refurb replacement.
    11-19-10 10:33 AM
    I agree with Eve, you have a re-certified unit.
    11-19-10 10:46 AM
    Well the button on the recert one works so its better than the new defective unit I purchased. However, I think its BS that they send you a used recert for a brand new unit that is defective. oh well...
    11-19-10 12:58 PM
    Used re-certified can mean anything from used for 2 days and then returned with no problems to returned with defect that was repaired. Either way, the unit gets checked over and instead of sold as new (at least in the case of the 2 day old unit) it is either provided as a replacement or sold as Certified Pre-Owned/Refurbished.
    11-19-10 02:22 PM
    i find that refurbs work better than new. all the probs have been fixed and any new updates come on the phone.
    11-19-10 04:04 PM
    Thats why I diont have Sprints insurance. I use Best buys for 10.00 a month u can swap out a defective phone for a Brand New one. Well worth it.
    11-19-10 05:59 PM
    as long as it works.....but refurbs is not so bad lol
    11-20-10 03:31 PM
    ive had referbs likes mad went through 5 storms and the referbs worked 100% better everytime i got a new one and have gone through 2 for my bold i find it weird that they replaced the battery though for 99% of cases ive dealt with or come across you keep your old batt unless thats why you got a new BB
    11-22-10 12:13 AM
    1. When you sign a contract with most carriers, you agree to accept a refurbished phone as a replacement.

2. Generally speaking, refurbs work just as well, if not better, than new units.

3. In most cases, if you had a refurb and a new unit next to each other, you would not be able to tell the difference.

Just talking from personal experience!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 11:01 AM
    I've had refurbs before and its no big deal as long as it works. If u want a new phone when ur phone breaks don't get insurance for 7.99 and then pay 90 for a refurb. Go without insurance and if u need a new phone just add a new number for 10 a month. You get a new phone and its only 2 bucks more a month plus u don't have to send anything back or wait for a delivery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 11:22 AM
    Thats why I diont have Sprints insurance. I use Best buys for 10.00 a month u can swap out a defective phone for a Brand New one. Well worth it.
    do you carry that on top of your plan from Sprint?
    11-22-10 11:23 PM
    Good point on the refurb having the issues fixed. Its almost as if the unit they sent me is better build quality. All the buttons and keyboard have a consistant click are are much tighter. The trackpad is even level and works better.
    11-23-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD