To be honest I don't believe there was a battery drain. People complain about battery drains on a lot of apps. If your a heavy blackberry user got a lot of apps syncing. Got tons of apps your going in and out of a lot then yea! Your battery will drain quick. But I just don't believe kik messenger had a battery drain or any app! It all depends on how heavy of a blackberry user u are...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 06:28 AM
    Tell that to the people who couldn't last more then a few hours on a full charge. They deleted kik and now have exceptional battery life.
    11-19-10 06:55 AM
    I agree with drummer. I have had to charge mine during the day due to heavy use no matter what app I have.
    As for KIK the only issue I have with it is finding friends and getting people to use it. Really sad I only have 2 contacts on KIK.
    11-19-10 06:56 AM
    I know some people who did have serious drain issues. Some went from full to half in a matter of several hours. That's not normal no matter how heavy a user you are.
    11-19-10 07:44 AM
    I can't say everyone experiences this.. but on my Torch with OS6 you can actually see the cpu processes being used. I caught kik hanging around at 98% a few times until I did a reboot.

I'm not sure why but it looked like it may have been at times they had outages or it was hard to connect to the servers.

That was enough proof for me though to uninstall it. I don't know if it was fixed later on.
    11-19-10 07:55 AM
    kik is awful. Whatsapp blows it away and doesn't impact battery life.
    11-19-10 08:50 AM
    Kik has been proven to be a battery murderer, many have monitored the CPU usage and it's off the charts, even when you're not using the application...
    11-19-10 09:05 AM
    Live profile is where its at! Too bad Blackberry hasn't gotten it yet.
    Robby do you have LP?
    11-19-10 09:08 AM
    Live profile is where its at! Too bad Blackberry hasn't gotten it yet.
    Robby do you have LP?
    No I do not, but I'm thinking of installing it.
    11-19-10 09:10 AM
    DO IT!!! I like it a lot, its seriously is just like BBM. Plus you can find friends using facebook, twitter and their phone number.
    11-19-10 09:12 AM
    DO IT!!! I like it a lot, its seriously is just like BBM. Plus you can find friends using facebook, twitter and their phone number.
    Awesome, I will check it out!
    11-19-10 09:17 AM
    I myself haven't noticed too much battery drain using KIK. It still boggles me why people use KIK when it's the same as using AIM/MSN/GV etc. I noticed a lot of my friends (50+) use (or at least signed up at one point) KIK. I wonder why it's so popular compared to other messenging apps.
    11-19-10 11:20 AM
    I myself haven't noticed too much battery drain using KIK. It still boggles me why people use KIK when it's the same as using AIM/MSN/GV etc. I noticed a lot of my friends (50+) use (or at least signed up at one point) KIK. I wonder why it's so popular compared to other messenging apps.
    Because people love jumping on bandwagons just because its the thing to do...
    11-19-10 02:09 PM
    Because people love jumping on bandwagons just because its the thing to do...
    I agree. I think people love jumping on bandwagons just because it's the thing to do...

11-19-10 03:56 PM
    Downloaded Kik, tried it out, deleted it.
    BBM works better for BB friends, FB chat works for those that don't. The friends that have neither will have to accept SMS or a good old fashioned phone call.
    11-19-10 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD