Since I upgraded my FB app I am not able to delete my FB messages. I click on delete prior and it deletes all email but not FB messages. I even tried to delete them individually and that doesn't work either. What am I missing?

TIA for your help.
    11-18-10 04:08 PM
    You need to delete them within the FB app now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 04:09 PM
    That's what I thought and I went to notifications and nothing is there.
    11-18-10 04:19 PM
    Check messages too. If that still doers not work, battery pull.

11-18-10 06:41 PM
    Ever since i upgraded to 1.9 mine is the same way. It's so funny because when i do a battery pull it'll have notifications all the way back to 2009. The very first time rebooting after the upgrade they went all the way back to "Welcome to Facebook" notification, which was hilarious since i didn't even have a bb at the time. They usually disappear after awhile.
    11-18-10 09:19 PM
    Yeah and they are grey not blue like before. I've tried a battery pull and they are still there. I think they are taunting me now. LOL!
    11-18-10 10:23 PM
    Uncheck the alert or whatever it says to send notification to message box. They will disappear.

11-19-10 05:11 AM
    I had the same problem : it was with a message. I just deleted this message and all was good. You can also try to uninstall the facebook app and reinstall it of the battery pull is not working.
    11-19-10 08:51 AM
    Same here... Often getting "ghost" notifications... Even after deleting ALL mails/notifications inside FB app - or on the web - or from withing the combined inbox...

Have tried battery pulls.... no help

Two things that has helped....

#1) From within the FB app, Options, - and choose Logout... Next time I logged in - sometimes the "ghost" notification was gone

#2) This always work... Uninstall FB app - reboot - and re-install

Most of my issues I got introduced with the latest .20 release... the earlier v1.9.x betas did not bug me that much

Something else I would like to see SOON - is that when I choose to "integrate" the FB e-mail with the combined inbox,... I dont want to see all my years of e-mails stored on FB... I only want the unread messages to show.... PLEASE RIM,... add this feature... OR - give us the option of being able to make Folders on our BIS devices...and filters to automagically put all FB mail into a FB folder.... or a READ folder....

@@
    11-20-10 01:45 PM
    I had the very same problem, but i went to options on the app and unchecked the BB Msg App box and the problem went away....try it
    11-21-10 07:10 PM
    I have the very same problem. I also get notifications that don't have anything in them. They are just blank.

I was also wondering, if there was a way to update all of my facebook friends' profile pictures to my contacts in my phone. Most of my contacts have pictures of them from years ago. I have the 'update existing photos...' Box checked in my facebook application options. I have found a way to manually update them, but going through over 500 friends and updating them singly would take forever.! Any way to do all of them at just one time?!

11-23-10 08:32 AM
    After i installed latest .358 OS - and re-installed all apps - I no longer have this issue.

However - the whole Facebook thing is a silly thing... for years I have saved some FB mail, both incoming and outgoing - and IF you choose to integrate with the Blackberry inbox - it gets messy ... There should be a way to ONLY get new and unopened FB mail into the common inbox.

@@
    11-23-10 08:37 AM
    well in my case, the send photo option from pop menu disappear and I cant deleted fb notificatiosn either umm but well it get fixed if I uninstalled the app and reinstalled but I have already done it many times and every time happen the same thing im bored with it
    11-23-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD