I have been using a VZW 9630 on SaskTel (CDMA carrier) but have never maintained a solid 1XEV connection.

I will sporadically get 1XEV, it'll hold for a few seconds and then drop back to 1X.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could/should be looking at in order to get and hold a 1XEV connection?

I have tried different settings and user/pass combinations in the M.IP and PPP Config screens with QPST. As well, I have compared my device settings to that of another 9630 from the same carrier and have found nothing different that shouldn't be different.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
    prairied0gg
    11-18-10 03:13 PM
    The antenna is defective or damaged on the unit.
    11-18-10 07:35 PM
    Try reloading the OS. Most OS's have different radios in them.
    11-19-10 05:13 PM
    Let us know if the OS reload worked. Tried it on two different devices and no go for us...
    11-19-10 07:58 PM
    I spoke with someone from my carrier's wireless support. They said that there is a password hardcoded into the phone. This password is sent to the network when the device attempts a 1XEV connection. If the password matches one on the network then the phone is authorized for the connection.

Because my phone is not one of theirs, their network rejects it as it doesn't have the password in it's system.

What I'm wondering now is if there is a way to pull the password from my old 8330 (same carrier) and program it into my 9630....

That, or find the password in my 9630 and then find someone who is able to get the password into my carrier's system (not likely to happen).

As for OS reload, I have loaded a couple of different operating systems and none have made any difference with regards to whether or not I get a 1X or 1XEV.
    11-19-10 09:38 PM
    I still think it's a damaged antenna...
    11-20-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD