Just worried about coverage, I hope its improved from 3 years ago especially in the northern ny/nj areas.

Since when were you able to use data/voice at the same time with a blackberry on a 3G signal? Thats got to be something new for Tmo.
    11-18-10 09:28 AM
    Since when were you able to use data/voice at the same time with a blackberry on a 3G signal? Thats got to be something new for Tmo.
    All GSM carriers have had this capability since 3G launched. AT&T as well. It's the design of the network.

I can't speak to NJ/NY coverage for you, unfortunately, but I do know a handful of TMO users around there that haven't mentioned any service issues to me
    Last edited by NorrisCell; 11-19-10 at 03:48 AM.
    11-18-10 12:16 PM
    Just worried about coverage, I hope its improved from 3 years ago especially in the northern ny/nj areas.

I've had them since 05. When I signed up the coverage was HORRIBLE!!!! Today its drastically improved and still growing. I just got the BOLD 9780 yesterday and I LOVE IT. OMG this phone is awesome compared to my Curve 8900. 3G is about as fast as WIFI IMO. I don't know if this is something you would like to consider but if you sign up mention the EVEN MORE PLUS plans. They just pulled them off their website but T-Mobile claims they are still available if you ask for them. You'll pay less each month but will be required to pay upfront for the phone. That's what I did and love it.

Won't see me complain at $66/mo including taxes for 500 mins and unlimited everything else.

Check coverage in all your most frequent locations before signing up. I believe you get 20 days or 30 to cancel without the early termination fee.

Good Luck and enjoy THE BEST BERRY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-18-10 12:18 PM
    Check coverage in all your most frequent locations before signing up. I believe you get 20 days or 30 to cancel without the early termination fee
    If you sign a contract, you have 14 days to return it and have the contract canceled. If you choose to not sign a contract, the phone can be returned within 30 days for a refund.
    11-18-10 12:20 PM
    If you sign a contract, you have 14 days to return it and have the contract canceled. If you choose to not sign a contract, the phone can be returned within 30 days for a refund.
    That's good to know. Thanks for sharing.
    11-18-10 01:32 PM
    Hey all,
    What are the main differences in going from AT&T over to T-Mobile? I'm sick of waiting for this phone and am contemplating the switch. Is the layout on T-Mo the same as AT&T. And anyone know how the service is in MA?
    11-18-10 10:41 PM
    I won't leave at&t; however, the only thing that has tempted me is the HTC My Touch 4G (G2).

That phone is awesome....looking. I just can't see leaving BB though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 10:58 PM
    I won't leave at&t; however, the only thing that has tempted me is the HTC My Touch 4G (G2).

That phone is awesome....looking. I just can't see leaving BB though.

The MyTouch4G is not the G2, FYI.

To the OP, North Jersey and Southern New York state are in the NYC market which has the high end HSPA+ network. When I drive over to Warren county, I'm getting the Southern end of the NYC market and the Western part of the Lehigh Valley market. Both are 3G/4G T-Mobile markets. You should have excellent reception on your device.
    11-21-10 11:20 AM
    Don't. Do. It! Stay w/ AT&T and just wait! The 9780 is coming. I switched last year and have regretted it ever since.

11-24-10 10:34 AM
    Hey all,
    What are the main differences in going from AT&T over to T-Mobile? I'm sick of waiting for this phone and am contemplating the switch. Is the layout on T-Mo the same as AT&T. And anyone know how the service is in MA?
    I use T-Mobile and ATT. Works well for me, since I have always had two phones and two numbers.

Im in Southern MA, right on the CT border, in a very small town. So I am not sure where you are, but going from ATT to T-Mobile reception wise, may not be a good choice in MA. (Again, I can only speak for Southern and Eastern MA) With ATT I have coverage in areas I only have SOS. However, UMA saves the day ALOT.

Now, on the "pro" side, not sure if you have ever tried to make a phone call at around 9 PM on a Saturday or Friday night in Boston on ATT - but for me its a pain, and gets super annoying. I get about 5-10 "Congestion" warnings before I can actually make a call, never had this with T-Mobile.

So, in general, ATT's coverage is better, however T-Mobile has its definite perks and advantages!
    11-25-10 03:41 AM
    Hey all,
    What are the main differences in going from AT&T over to T-
    Mobile? I'm sick of waiting for this phone and am contemplating the switch. Is the layout on T-Mo the same as AT&T. And anyone know how the service is in MA?
    I live and work in the South Shore part of MA and have no problems with service in at least 2 yrs. If you live near Boston, T-Mobile is definitely a safe bet

11-25-10 08:30 AM
    I live and work in the South Shore part of MA and have no problems with service in at least 2 yrs. If you live near Boston, T-Mobile is definitely a safe bet
    I'll second that I switched from Sprint to Tmo and have never had a problem with coverage. My Wife has ATT and there are more times I have signal where she doesn't than the reverse.
    11-25-10 10:56 AM
    I live in central NJ and work in north Jersey. I'm leaving T-mob (and prob going to att) the second I dont have to pay an ETF. I have terrible reception at my job and even worse where I live. I tried calling T-mob but they could care less.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but T-mob is terrible in NJ.
    11-29-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD