Running with a BB Curve 9300 3G, can't seem to get youtube to work.
    I can get to the website itself, but when I try to play a video the screen changes to black and I get the data symbol (the two arrows in the top right corner) flashing for a few moments. After that I get a red rectangle in the top right corner that says "Error Playing." follwed by a message in the center of the screen "An error has occured attempting to play media".

I tried clearing out the history, cache and what not from teh browser, and tried a battery pull. Any advice?
    11-17-10 03:45 PM
    Are you using wifi or data plan to connect to internet? If data plan you have to setup your APN.
    11-17-10 04:36 PM
    I use a wifi connection when I use the BB to go on the internet. Sorry, I guess I suppose I should have included that in my orginal post.
    11-17-10 04:38 PM
    Hmm try via data plan if you have one also check any other video sites. Download youtube app form BB and try maybe will help. I'm not sure but you can update your OS if so check the main forum page.
    11-17-10 04:58 PM
    Hmmm, to try it through my data plan, would I jsut disable the Wifi option on the BB? (I'm still pretty new to the world of BlackBerrys haha)
    I did haev one app for youtube, think it was just called YouTube Player, but I had the same result with that.

I may look into doing the update.

Luckily its not a vital problem. I can access youtube on a pc at both home and work, I just one of those people that hates when something doesn't work when it should
    11-17-10 05:12 PM
    Haha me to I hate when something it's not working properly.
    Switch off your wifi then menu>manage connection>mobile network options> and check data service if its on. Go to your browser>option and there will be switch browser, choose internet one. Maybe this will help and ofcourse try m.youtube
    11-17-10 05:30 PM
    Alright, so I just turned off the Wifi then tried it and the video loaded right up.
    Tried it again with the Wifi on and I had the same error happen again.

So at least now the issue is kinda resolved, not to fond of the fact that I can't use WiFi for youtube though
    11-17-10 05:34 PM
    Hi Scrammbles,

I was facing the same issue and still till now,I used to be able to load new videos from youtube when I got my BB curve 3G 9300, it has a version 5 of OS , now I upragded to OS 6, it's working pretty cool ! but still have the same issue of laoding Youtube videos, please if you find a final solution email it to me to: [email protected]

Many thanks & regards,
    11-19-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD