My husband and I both have 9630 tours and run our Destop Manager for our phones separate personnel computers. We have been having problems since August with Desktop Manager. When we tried to upgrade to 6.0, my computer would load and run the program once then crash. We thought it was because of stored video clips. So for my phone we went back to 5.1. We tried locating and removing the stored video clips but that didn't seem to help. Each time an upgrade came out we would try upgrading desktop manager hoping there was a fix included. However it still wouldn't work so we would reload 5.1. With the last upgrade attempt and reload to 5.1 a week ago, my phone has now stopped syncing. When I connect the phone to the computer, I get a box labeled Intellisync indicating "Unknown error reported". My husband's realized his phone wasn't syncing and went back to 5.1 and phone is now doing the same thing on his computer. How do we fix this?

We both are using Windows 7 64 bit. Our internet connection is through Hughesnet satillite.
    11-17-10 11:24 AM
    I just recently went to my Sprint carrier on-lineand downloaded the updated desktop manager, 6.000.43 after I purchased a new laptop. I have a ACER windows 7, Intel 3, 64 bit processer. I did not have any problems with my download. Did realize that my connection closed and had to go into the my device manager and find the blackberry device which was identified as an external device (e drive) and had to remove it and then reconnected my phone and it was located again and completed the upgrade. Then I downloaded the newest upgrade for my 9630 Tour, 5.0.0.983. I'm certain if you went to Blackberry site and obtain the download that way it would also work. All seems to work fine. I hope this helps.. Ralph
    11-17-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD