I have called a few Rogers Stores IN the Markham area tnd they have confirmed Stock of WHITE TORCH.

So anyone interested can go to a Rogers store and get your hands on it.

Please give comment and or review as to the functions of the white torch.

Everything should be the same but mobility and functions tend to be different.

Thanks, happy hunting.
    11-17-10 10:26 AM
    I have called a few Rogers Stores IN the Markham area tnd they have confirmed Stock of WHITE TORCH.

So anyone interested can go to a Rogers store and get your hands on it.

Please give comment and or review as to the functions of the white torch.

Everything should be the same but mobility and functions tend to be different.

Thanks, happy hunting.
    Are you sure?

They are the same device running the same OS
    11-17-10 10:37 AM
    Are you sure?

They are the same device running the same OS
    I had to give a little "huh?" at this too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 10:46 AM
    Sorry for not being clear, I heard alot of complaints on the movement of the "pullout keyboard" and other functionality of the device. NOT software or applications.

I hope this is more clear now.
    11-17-10 10:47 AM
    Sorry for not being clear, I heard alot of complaints on the movement of the "pullout keyboard" and other functionality of the device. NOT software or applications.

I hope this is more clear now.
    Not sure on the white (since our local AT&T store did not have any) but the sliding mechanism on the new red unit that I'm using has a different feel (more firm) then the original Torch.
    11-17-10 12:59 PM
    I have the regular black torch and got the white torch yesterday for my fiancee. The white torch is smaller and the keyboard is a little different. It is more firm.

I am saying that it is smaller because it slides into my holster much easier and smoother.

So some changes are there and also there is a file for avatar pics that came standard on the white torch.

Something to look for. Still looking and waiting to get an offical release of .337 update.
    11-18-10 06:42 AM
    Everyone posting that the phones are different are fooling themselves. There is possibly an update to the slider itself, Since the colored parts are interchangeable I doubt the device itself is different.
    11-18-10 06:56 AM
    Tolerance inconsistencies in the slider will account for the holster feeling. The housings are likely the same spec. They will have likely released revisions to the original phone to fix some of the reported issues by now, and this will likely be represented on all of the new stock, and clearly the white/red ones will be new stock, whereas some black ones will be new, and some black ones will be older units.

People with white or red ones, where and what build are your phones. (Ie. Mexico 5)
    11-18-10 08:43 AM

Still looking and waiting to get an offical release of .337 update.
    .337 IS official!
    Official OS 6.0.0.337 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 from Beeline | CrackBerry.com
    kishanthj likes this.
    11-18-10 08:50 AM
    Tolerance inconsistencies in the slider will account for the holster feeling. The housings are likely the same spec. They will have likely released revisions to the original phone to fix some of the reported issues by now, and this will likely be represented on all of the new stock, and clearly the white/red ones will be new stock, whereas some black ones will be new, and some black ones will be older units.

People with white or red ones, where and what build are your phones. (Ie. Mexico 5)
    Well, I'm in Canada, if thats what you are asking. Or Yes, The phone said Made in Mexico.

I hope one or the other answered your question.
    11-18-10 12:09 PM
    Well, I'm in Canada, if thats what you are asking. Or Yes, The phone said Made in Mexico.

I hope one or the other answered your question.
    Is it Mexico 5, Mexico 6, 7...? The number at the end is the build number. The higher the number, the newer the revision of the phone. (I notice that there are entirely too many 'the's in the last sentence.
    11-18-10 12:23 PM

Mine is a red and a "Made in Mexico 4" which is the same thing my second black/graphite Torch listed (early October purchased).
    11-18-10 01:10 PM
    Mexico 5 is what I got.
    11-22-10 07:20 AM
    I am pretty sure somewhere around here(when the device first started coming out)there are posts of where they were made and it was surmised the number meant at what assembly line the phone was made not the revisions number.

A friend of mine just got a red one(lovely little device) and his is the same as mine, Mexico 4(I got mine on launch day a few months back). Seeing as the red just came out(if the number meant revisions) shouldn't it be a higher number?
    11-22-10 07:27 AM
    I am pretty sure somewhere around here(when the device first started coming out)there are posts of where they were made and it was surmised the number meant at what assembly line the phone was made not the revisions number.

A friend of mine just got a red one(lovely little device) and his is the same as mine, Mexico 4(I got mine on launch day a few months back). Seeing as the red just came out(if the number meant revisions) shouldn't it be a higher number?
    Ye thats true, I just gave what Information he was looking for.
    However I didnt know that BB are made in Mexico? !!
    11-22-10 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD