Hi,

i got my BB9780 from T-mobile as an import to Bangkok today.
    So far im pretty happy with the device but i have a couple of questions..

How can i get Skype on my device? I tried the skype homepage but it told me something verizon only, so i could not download it

How can i sync my pictures from the 9780 to my macbook?
    11-17-10 10:14 AM
    To Sync the pictures you need the BB software which comes as a cd or download on BB.com the skype Iam not sure about
    11-17-10 12:02 PM
    Also wondering about skype on rogers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 06:49 PM
    Skype has some sort of agreement with Verizon where currently it is only available for VZW customers. There is no way to move the app from a verizon phone to a non-verizon phone.

There are third party apps that will allow you to skype, but they may cost. Try doing a search for IM+ Talk. I've never used it, and know nothing about it. Sorry.
    11-17-10 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the fast replies.

Im using the Blackberry Desktop Manager but i cant find any way to import my pictures. Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Tasks, Music are the only options to sync.
    11-17-10 08:40 PM
    I'm using an iphone now and Skype is a huge factor for me switching to a 9780. I've research about about this and some 9700 users are using iskoot for skype. If someone can confirm that iskoot works on 9780 that would be highly appreciated

thanks!
    11-17-10 09:43 PM
    I'm using an iphone now and Skype is a huge factor for me switching to a 9780. I've research about about this and some 9700 users are using iskoot for skype. If someone can confirm that iskoot works on 9780 that would be highly appreciated

thanks!
    searched for it in the app store the other day, didn't find anything.
    11-17-10 10:25 PM
    11-17-10 11:38 PM
    Pretty sure iSkoot does not work on the 9780. Nimbuzz recently discontinued their Skype compatibility. That leaves IM+ but that app is only partially working on the 9780 right now. The the company said a few days ago in their support forum that a compatible version is coming soon.
    11-17-10 11:43 PM
    Well, the main thing about skype on my laptop are the free voice calls over the internet, can anyone confirm that this could be accessible using IM+ since i have downloaded the free trial of it but couldn't figure out how to voice call a contact through it.

Thanks.
    11-18-10 01:04 AM
    Also, how can i stop the "Email Setup" from popping up all the time?
    I dont have an provider.blackberry.com email account as the device is from T-Mobile but im using a different provider here in Thailand.
    I have setup Gmail.com and Me.com but every 20 minutes or so the "Email Setup" screen pops up and wants me to put in my info.
    Is there anyway to disable that? Its quiet annoying..
    11-18-10 06:22 AM
    Well, the main thing about skype on my laptop are the free voice calls over the internet, can anyone confirm that this could be accessible using IM+ since i have downloaded the free trial of it but couldn't figure out how to voice call a contact through it.

Thanks.
    Hi there,

I use this on my bb 9700 over wifi and have unlimited skype north american calling. The only annoying thing is that calls are half duplex meaning 'walkie talkie' style. Only one side can talk at a time. When you want to talk you have to hold down the left convenience key. But hey, for the occasional call when I'm roaming, it's pretty sweet.
    12-11-10 11:12 PM
    I was going to suggest Nimbuzz but it looks like they have discontinued Skype support. I've heard that Fring.com is working on something Blackberry. I have also used iSkoot and it works well
    12-12-10 12:51 AM
    Please note That The *iSkoot* App is DOWN since 20 January 2011!!

xD
    05-27-11 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD