Hi there.

Got a bb curve 8900. My provider (discoPLUS in Germany, using the carrier o2 Germany) says, i have to configurate my bb with the following information so i can use HSDPA WAP-Internet:

APN: internet.victorvox
    IP-Adresse: 82.113.100.38
    Startseite: o2 Active
    Benutzername: leerlassen
    Passwort: leerlassen
    �bertragungsart: GPRS
    Verbindungsmodus: permanent
    Verbindungssicherheit: aus
    Authentisierungstyp: normal
    Login-Modus: automatisch
    Port (Proxy-Port; Gateway-Port) : 9201 (WAP 1.1) - 9203 (WAP 1.x) - 8080 (WAP 2.0)

There's no problem with the APN and the username and password. I pasted it into the Preferences->Advanced->TCP/IP Settings. But where do i type in the IP-Adress? Without that, i can only use super slow GPRS Internet Access and most Apps don't recognize the connection, so i cannot use google maps or whatever... i can't use the bb for internet use at all without faster internet access... But i can't use the faster internet access without typing in the IP-Adress... But... how to?
    (Maybe it is possible in bb OS 5? I only got 4.somewhat)

Pleaasseeee help me

Thanks in advance,

kittasurf.
    11-17-10 08:41 AM
    The ip address has nothing to do with your ability to navigate. The ip addresss is unique for each unit, and is given to you the moment you connect to an ip network. Theres no way to hard code the ip address in the phone. My guess is you must check your data plan, and resend service books (google that)
    11-17-10 06:14 PM
    Seems like the ipaddress and the apn are the same thing... just one is a hostname, the other isn't.

You should not need to input an ipaddress.
    11-17-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD