When I Got my Bold 9650 from Sprint in February the people at the sprint store said that OS6 would be released in the next 4-6 weeks.. well. over 7 months later it still isn't here think that is false advertisement? that's the real reason I got this phone, could have gone with the EVO
    11-16-10 11:02 PM
    One thing to remember is that when you go into your service providers location...the reps are subject to the same information that you read via rumors/blogs/etc.

Most times, all manufacturer's will think a new OS is ready and then if bugs are found, it takes longer. Look at some of the Droid phones and how they should have Froyo by a certain date and they don't have it yet on certain models. Happens with every manufacturer on some level.
    11-16-10 11:10 PM
    When I Got my Bold 9650 from Sprint in February the people at the sprint store said that OS6 would be released in the next 4-6 weeks.. well. over 7 months later it still isn't here think that is false advertisement? that's the real reason I got this phone, could have gone with the EVO
    that's what leaks are for..i've been running 6.0.0.280 on my vzw 9650 for a few weeks and although not perfect, it's pretty darn good.

try it out..painless, quick process.
    11-16-10 11:12 PM
    that's what leaks are for..i've been running 6.0.0.280 on my vzw 9650 for a few weeks and although not perfect, it's pretty darn good.

try it out..painless, quick process.

True, I haven't cause I am scared I will mess my phone up.
    11-16-10 11:19 PM
    I thought Sprint released the Bold 9650 in May?
    11-16-10 11:24 PM
    knock on wood, I havent messed up yet and I've been loading hybrids and leaks since the days of my 8330 and 9630 after that..

there are dozens of step-by-step procedures on how to back up your data, clear your phone, load the new OS, push your data back to the device and then you'll be on your way.

There are also tons of guidelines to follow IF you do mess up, for which you can easily get your phone back up and running again.

I've never heard of a BB being 'broken' from trying any of this.
    11-16-10 11:33 PM
    Follow this procedure and you won't have any trouble:
    Don't use Desktop Manager!
    Here is one way to do it:

1. Download the 975 exe or in your case a leadked 6.0.0.333(or whatever OS you want to load to your phone) to your pc.
    2. Delete all other OS installations from your pc.
    3. Install the OS you just downloaded to your pc. In your case, a 6.0.0.333 leak.
    4. plug your phone into your pc with a usb cable.
    5. If you want to shrink the OS (remove some of the extra files) download BB Hybrid Tools from here:BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    IF NOT, jump to step 7
    6. If you are shrinking, double click bb hybrid tools exe and open the window and check anything you DO NOT want to install. Click SHRINK MY OS when finished.
    7. If you ARE NOT using a shrinking method, jump from Step 4 right to here and look for vendor.xml by going to c:/programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/vendor.xml
    delete vendor file if you see it
    8. then stay in that same folder and double click the LOADER.exe file and your OS will start to install.

During the process, the loader will backup your data and apps, wipe your device and load the new OS and put everything back.

Hope this helps. Process takes about 40 mins. __________________
    anon(1800175) and profspeedo like this.
    11-17-10 06:59 AM
    Most Sprint and Verizon reps have NO clue what there talking about as far as when new OS's come out. You can always install 6.0 now if you want, its a very stable OS and easy to install. I used Desktop manager to install all of my 6.0 OS's and have had no problems
    11-17-10 07:14 AM
    Follow this procedure and you won't have any trouble:
    Don't use Desktop Manager!
    Here is one way to do it:

1. Download the 975 exe or in your case a leadked 6.0.0.333(or whatever OS you want to load to your phone) to your pc.
    2. Delete all other OS installations from your pc.
    3. Install the OS you just downloaded to your pc. In your case, a 6.0.0.333 leak.
    4. plug your phone into your pc with a usb cable.
    5. If you want to shrink the OS (remove some of the extra files) download BB Hybrid Tools from here:BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    IF NOT, jump to step 7
    6. If you are shrinking, double click bb hybrid tools exe and open the window and check anything you DO NOT want to install. Click SHRINK MY OS when finished.
    7. If you ARE NOT using a shrinking method, jump from Step 4 right to here and look for vendor.xml by going to c:/programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/vendor.xml
    delete vendor file if you see it
    8. then stay in that same folder and double click the LOADER.exe file and your OS will start to install.

During the process, the loader will backup your data and apps, wipe your device and load the new OS and put everything back.

Hope this helps. Process takes about 40 mins. __________________
    Yup, leaks is the way to go if you want to be on the cutting edge of OS'es. BB6 .333 is very solid, a few niggly problems but nothing major. I've just downloaded and instlled BB6 .357 created by SCrid2000, it is a hybrid created from 6.0.0.344 - 6.0.0.357 which was released for the 9330 I think. Had it running since last night and all seems well at this point.

The point is, go as far as you are comfortable going. You are not going to damage your device and if you do brick it, it is not that hard to get it back up and running. Part of the fun for me is living on the cutting edge of technology.
    11-17-10 07:22 AM
    I thought Sprint released the Bold 9650 in May?
    Lol, yeah mid-May sprint released the Bold. The sales rep that said "4-6 weeks" is hysterical too.
    11-17-10 07:28 AM
    Just curious, why are people so against using DM to install OS's? This is the way I have done it every time and have never had a single issue. Is there something I am missing?
    11-17-10 08:39 AM
    Just curious, why are people so against using DM to install OS's? This is the way I have done it every time and have never had a single issue. Is there something I am missing?
    Alot of us just think app loader is the easier/better way to go. I used dm the first coupla times then read about using app loader right here on the forums and found it to be quicker and easier. it saves everything for me and reloads so I've really nothing else to do but input some app codes. My whole process takes 30 to 40 min. dm took me longer. Use dm if your comfortable that way, nothing wrong with it, do what works for you.
    11-17-10 08:51 AM
    You could use DM if your are installing latest software update from your carrier, but need to follow jaydee5799 's instruction to install Device sofware from other carriers or leaks
    11-17-10 09:04 AM
    I prefer shrinking my os first and using apploader over DM. But as others have suggested, try out OS 6. The leak really isn't too bad! The only problem is that by the time OS 6 does drop officially, you'll be already itching for the next thing.
    11-17-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks all, I may try the os6 leak today. And I was wrong I bought a iPhone in february and I did buy this mid may... still seems like 7+ months lol
    11-17-10 12:26 PM
    I went to this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/new...-333-a-547973/

and tried to download the os6 .333 but it came up with some 'white smoke' tool bar thing... anyone have a direct link for download?

I know I am sorry I'm sure there are a million places to download it

edit; I was able to find it on bbleaks

thanks jaydee your instructions were spot on!
    Last edited by dustinjamesz; 11-17-10 at 01:48 PM.
    11-17-10 12:40 PM
    You could use DM if your are installing latest software update from your carrier, but need to follow jaydee5799 's instruction to install Device sofware from other carriers or leaks
    I may try the other way to check it out since it seems everyone else strongly prefers and recommends it. FYI, every leaked OS I have installed has been with DM so it indeed does work for that.
    11-17-10 07:20 PM
    I went to this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/new...-333-a-547973/

and tried to download the os6 .333 but it came up with some 'white smoke' tool bar thing... anyone have a direct link for download?

I know I am sorry I'm sure there are a million places to download it

edit; I was able to find it on bbleaks

thanks jaydee your instructions were spot on!
    Glad you were able to get through it all okay!
    I have done so many OS upgrades, after a while you won't be nervous about doing them either.
    I just upgraded to 357 over 333 tonight...a nice hybrid that I managed to navigate. Pretty smooth.
    11-17-10 08:50 PM
    So I'm using a Droid X right now, but I have a Bold and I downloaded the .333 OS6 leak for it because I wanted to see what it looked like in pseudo-action to see if it was something I could switch back to, but App Loader wasn't working and DM said I can't install it because I don't currently have BlackBerry service.

Does anyone know how to get this to install without switching my service back to my Bold? Thanks!
    11-17-10 08:59 PM
    Well its out for ur phone my boy got the os 6 on hise 9650

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD