Well as the subject says, I am a new BB user, and have some questions

1.- How do I know what is my OS in my Curve 3G 9300
    2.- How can I install games and themes?
    3.- What files I have to install for games and themes?
    4.- How to use properly WIFI from my own home?!
    5.- Best apps to download and install?
    6.- Security recomendations
    7.- Maintenance recomendations
    8.- What do I have to know to have the best from my BB

Comments are welcome

Best Regards
    11-16-10 08:17 PM
    Welcome! Here is a link to a lot of the how to's listed here on Crackberry to get you started. It includes wifi question etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/
    11-16-10 08:22 PM
    Well as the subject says, I am a new BB user, and have some questions

1.- How do I know what is my OS in my Curve 3G 9300
    2.- How can I install games and themes?
    3.- What files I have to install for games and themes?
    4.- How to use properly WIFI from my own home?!
    5.- Best apps to download and install?
    6.- Security recomendations
    7.- Maintenance recomendations
    8.- What do I have to know to have the best from my BB

Comments are welcome

Best Regards
    welcome to bb!
    here is some answers for you, i dont have 'em all. lol
    1) to see your current os- go to Options>About
    2) games & themes can be installed right from the browser on your bb by "ota" (over the air), or downloaded to your computer and then loaded to your bb.
    3)as for 'files'- you just need to make sure the game or theme is compatible with your device and os.
    4) I dont have wifi on my 8330, but knowing from setting up my iTouch & iPad, you would access the wifi menu and put in your wifi 'password' or security code into your bb. (Any one else have better direction, plz add-ty)
    5) I dont use many apps at all, but ones that are necessary to me are Poynt and Capture it. to get Poynt, from your bb browser go to m.mypoynt.com and choose your device/os. For CaptureIt- www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad
    Poynt has things like business/people listings, movies, restaurants, gas prices, & map it. Capture It is when you may need to take a pix of your screen, sometimes to post to help with trouble-shooting.
    6) Security rec's - i dont use the pw on the device to lock it because i dont want to forget my pw one day & wipe all the info on my device LOL
    7) unless your device is freezing or locking up, you really shouldnt have to do a battery pull.
    8) not sure, I basically just go by trial/error on what works best for my bb. I can say, i will not install leaked os's. but thats just me.
    Well, I hope i have helped you some, and Im sure as other people see your post, they too will add-on etc with other info for you. good luck with your new device!

here is another link that may help you also: BLACKBERRY 101 LECTURE SERIES

11-17-10 08:00 AM
    I also came accross this for you:
    BLACKBERRY OTA APPS
    (its the 2nd "sticky" thread on the page) Within this thread there are links for apps & another link to redirect you to the bb app store as well
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 11-17-10 at 08:24 AM.
    11-17-10 08:16 AM
    Tnaks for comments.

Starting learning curve is hard!!

best regards
    11-18-10 10:00 PM
    It gets better with time. Soon the addiction will begin and you'll be constantly checking to see if the indicator light is really blinking. My wife dealt with the frustration for a few weeks and now I can't get her to put it down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 10:21 PM
    i also just got a curve 9300 ...says there is supposed to be a barcode reader or something but everytime i try to use it it says unable to find barcode....i am gonna look at some of the links posted
    11-18-10 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD