Hi , i would like some expertise on this issue , i bought a Blackberry Torch from England unlocked , and i live in Portugal , yesterday i asked the Carrier to activate my BIS account , the problem is that the guy who attended me said that the operating system 6.0 was very recent and that they did not have the service books for this phone , so my question is the following , is this guy telling the truth and if he is is there any work around this issue , please help me out on this issue , thanks ....................
    11-16-10 01:28 AM
    Login to your Vodaphone Bis BlackBerry Internet Service Vodaphone Portugal

Make sure you have a Simcard in the phone so the blackberry will register on your network !!!

Make a account add the imei and pin as it will ask you. Then you should beable to add an email account.

Hope that helps you ?

Any questions just ask....
    Last edited by anoxia187; 11-16-10 at 01:44 AM.
    11-16-10 01:42 AM
    Thanks i will try that out .....
    11-16-10 01:58 AM
    it is possible that not all carriers are supporting OS6 yet and the service books that it needs in order to work. so he may not be lying.
    11-16-10 02:24 AM
    But do you think that it would work with what was said before by Anoxia187 , register may mail , mei , etc....
    Or do i just have to wait for them to support it ?
    11-16-10 02:48 AM
    But do you think that it would work with what was said before by Anoxia187 , register may mail , mei , etc....
    Did you try to see if it registered ? Its all depends on the Carrier if it doesnt work maybe talk to your tech support @ Vodaphone in your Country ?
    11-16-10 03:03 AM
    doing what he said may register the device, however the service books that you will need to make everything work may not be there. so even if the registration works, most things wont. trying to do what he said may not even work if the carrier doesnt have the service books.
    11-16-10 03:09 AM
    I guess what is really being said here is that Vodafone, Portugal is not yet selling the 9800. This would mean that they are not ytet set up to support it on their network. This would include Service Books.

I am sure that RIM will supply all the support neccessary to any carrier selling the 9800. This would certainly include Service Book files.

I run a 9700 running OS6 on the UK, O2 network and I simply used whatever Service Books O2 sent for my phone. I assume these were for OS5 and they worked just fine. Still are, actually.
    11-16-10 03:10 AM
    Thanks , i have just solved it by doing what anoxia187 said , and it works , it is probably the OS5 service books , but it works , thanks a million.
    11-16-10 07:08 AM
    Thanks , i have just solved it by doing what anoxia187 said , and it works , it is probably the OS5 service books , but it works , thanks a million.

Your Welcome glad you got it working.. !!
    11-17-10 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD