Hi friends
    My VZW Bold 9650 is finally on its way to my house. As I was getting ready to swap out my storm, can the community recommend some
    1. must have accessories for my Bold
    2. Good to have accessories for my bold.

Some of these depend on my usage , still would like to hear voice of community.
    my usage pattern
    I don't have BES for storm, but I am planning to get it for the bold as I can use it as a work horse. I travel less than 25% for my work and rest of the time I stare at my comp. It gets dust during my travel time and need to protect it from the elements.

Thanks for the recommendations
    11-15-10 10:22 PM
    I would recommend the body glove case from verizon. I dont usually have a case on my phone but only on this one for some reason.
    11-15-10 11:14 PM
    i recently got my bold. i definitely recommend a screen protector and a good case. bodyglove as it was mentioned earlier is really good. i'm now using the Barely There case and i don't like it simply because it doesn't protect the chrome. i love Seidio and i always recommend that when it comes to a case, unless you need more. then go with Otterbox
    11-16-10 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies
    My list as of now is screen protector , Body glove
    Any recomendation on charging cradle for the 9650? Does the bold show clock when charging. ( was using my storm as my bedside clock )
    11-16-10 11:27 AM
    Thanks for the replies
    My list as of now is screen protector , Body glove
    Any recomendation on charging cradle for the 9650? Does the bold show clock when charging. ( was using my storm as my bedside clock )
    Yes, the Bold has a Bedside Mode. You'll need to determine if you're gonna have a case or remove the case before placing in a charging cradle. Then you can determine the cradle you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 11:33 AM
    The charging pod is a great accessory.
    11-16-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks guys . I need an info about extended battery also. Does anybody know what battery comes with Bold 9650? Whats the max capacity extended battery I can get with the same battery cover? ( i don't like bulky odd shaped battery covers).
    11-16-10 02:59 PM
    Yes, the Bold has a Bedside Mode. You'll need to determine if you're gonna have a case or remove the case before placing in a charging cradle. Then you can determine the cradle you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I prefer not to remove the body glove and hence what would be the best charging cradle for that option? (Bed side mode is a must for me)
    11-16-10 03:01 PM
    I would recommend the body glove case from verizon. I dont usually have a case on my phone but only on this one for some reason.
    Does the body Glove cover screen and keyboard?
    11-16-10 03:02 PM
    Thanks guys . I need an info about extended battery also. Does anybody know what battery comes with Bold 9650? Whats the max capacity extended battery I can get with the same battery cover? ( i don't like bulky odd shaped battery covers).
    The Seidio 1700mAh is the extended battery that you want. The Seidio 2600mAh is said to be the best bang for your buck, but it adds significant thickness to the Bold's booty.

I prefer not to remove the body glove and hence what would be the best charging cradle for that option? (Bed side mode is a must for me)
    If the case covers those 2 silver pieces (surrounding the latch for the battery door), then you can't use the charging pod. The pod uses those 2 contacts on the back of the phone to charge. You would have to charge via the phone's USB port on the side. Or, if you want the pod (works nicely with Bedside Mode), you'd have to take off the case every time you need to charge.

Because I use the charging pod so much, I now just use a full body skin with a screen protector. I have an Otterbox Commuter and Defender and a black BB OEM silicone skin, but the phone is just too pretty and I don't like having to remove a case whenever I want to charge. I do use the cases though on runs or mountain biking, etc.
    11-16-10 06:31 PM
    otterbox commuter is a must have imo
    11-18-10 05:37 PM
    "Because I use the charging pod so much, I now just use a full body skin with a screen protector."

What kind of full body skin do you use that allows the phone to be charged in the charging pod without having to remove the skin?
    11-21-10 12:00 PM
    What kind of full body skin do you use that allows the phone to be charged in the charging pod without having to remove the skin?
    It goes by a lot of names, but they're all pretty much the same functionally with a few physical differences (like "orange peel" severity, thickness, # of pieces, to name a few). PhantomSkinz, BodyGuardz, BestSkinsEver, Invisible Shield, etc. I use PhantomSkinz.
    11-21-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD