cant seem to figure out what the versio is..............anyone else get it yet??????????
    11-15-10 07:38 PM
    I also got this e-mail, but I believe that it was a notification for my previous BlackBerry 9630 Tour. I am not sure why it would send me a upgrade notice for my old phone, but since my 9650 Bold is not showing any updates I believe this must be the case.

I was hoping that this was the OS 6 notice for the Bold, but it seems not to be the case. I would have taken any update though, since my current version 5.0.0.983 is causing constant auto-restarts. I was hoping, but alas not to be.
    11-16-10 07:00 AM
    I got the same email.
    11-16-10 09:33 AM
    i got it...twice. checked sprint and blackberry's website and didnt see any update yesterday. i plugged my phone in, and it wasnt giving me an update...interesting though - i have a leaked 6.0...and usually they give you the official on the list to select to download, and my DM only had 5.0.699...not the more recent .9XX...doubt that means anything bout found that interesting.
    11-16-10 10:07 AM
    yeah i got 3 emails all together lastnight......yur right though, still nothing showing up at BB or sprint.com./.......i was wondering if sprint was trying to beat verizion is who was gonna release it first, considering that verizon is haveing a webcast about OS6 today at 1pm............would be kinda funnt though if sprint just suddenly release it upon verizon's webcast........what a kic to the ***** that would be LOL>..............but i guess we'll see........but why would they send me 3 emails if there was no update at all?......OS5 or OS6......just seems kinda odd to me
    11-16-10 10:13 AM
    Anyone have a direct email copy they can paste in here
    11-16-10 10:20 AM
    yup...one sec
    11-16-10 10:21 AM
    here it is....hope i did it right
    11-16-10 10:23 AM
    Here is the email:

BlackBerry Software Update Notification

Update Today!

----------------------------------------------------

What else can your BlackBerry� smartphone do for you?

Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

New ways to work and play!

* This update includes enhancements to your BlackBerry Device Software. If you download it over the wireless network, charges may apply..

Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit {webslUpdateRegistrationUrl}.

Research In Motion

----------------------------------------------------

�2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, RIM�, Research In Motion�, SureType� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
    11-16-10 10:24 AM
    came out as just the text....but i got 3 of those lastnight. also a few more people got at least 2 also......
    11-16-10 10:25 AM
    ohh there it is........thanks arcadence
    11-16-10 10:25 AM
    Maybe a back log from RIM when Sprint released 5.0.0.983 before?

I have received update emails weeks after OS has been out before...
    11-16-10 10:29 AM
    i got it...twice. checked sprint and blackberry's website and didnt see any update yesterday. i plugged my phone in, and it wasnt giving me an update...interesting though - i have a leaked 6.0...and usually they give you the official on the list to select to download, and my DM only had 5.0.699...not the more recent .9XX...doubt that means anything bout found that interesting.
    Same here minus the leaked 6...I'm still with the .699 and no notifications on the DM, device or via email about the later versions. I didn't update the last release b/c so many users said they didn't think it did much of anything so I figured I would sit tight and hope for 6 to be released soon.
    11-16-10 10:35 AM
    ohh there it is........thanks arcadence
    NP. I was excited when I got this email, and completely disappointed when I got home. As someone else stated, it showed that I had OS 6.0.0.333 installed, and that it recommended OS 5.0.0.699. Boring.
    11-16-10 10:37 AM
    I didn't even get the email lol.
    11-16-10 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD