Anyone having problems with Visual Voicemail on os 6 with the Style, I was told by sprint that RIM is trying to fix this problem, I cant access it at all, gives me option to "resend request" but nothing, Sprint Advanced Tech support just tried helping me but nothing, she did tell me before troubleshooting that RIM was having a problem with vvm with the stlye, not sure about that.
    11-15-10 03:04 PM
    Started having Problems today (I suspect) Friday my VVM was working fine, has been since both me and my wife got the 9670, but today I noticed the vvm not working AND it doesnt show voice mail icon when one is left. Does yours even show the voice mail icon?
    11-15-10 04:12 PM
    Started having Problems today (I suspect) Friday my VVM was working fine, has been since both me and my wife got the 9670, but today I noticed the vvm not working AND it doesnt show voice mail icon when one is left. Does yours even show the voice mail icon?
    No I dont get the icon either, before calling Sprint today to troubleshoot vvm I was getting the vm icon but they obviously they did something, now Im not.
    11-15-10 05:02 PM
    no problems here, i actually love the feature.
    11-15-10 06:24 PM
    No issues here either. Mine has been working fine since the day I got it.
    11-15-10 10:41 PM
    No issues here either. Working just fine.
    11-16-10 04:52 AM
    Anyone having problems with Visual Voicemail on os 6 with the Style, I was told by sprint that RIM is trying to fix this problem, I cant access it at all, gives me option to "resend request" but nothing, Sprint Advanced Tech support just tried helping me but nothing, she did tell me before troubleshooting that RIM was having a problem with vvm with the stlye, not sure about that.
    Exact same problem
    11-16-10 07:28 AM
    No I dont get the icon either, before calling Sprint today to troubleshoot vvm I was getting the vm icon but they obviously they did something, now Im not.
    I wonder if it is Location Specific, We are in KY. We tried the Visual Voicemail on the EVO also and no luck So for us in this area it is not just limited to our 9670's but the EVO as well.
    11-16-10 07:39 AM
    If you call them today let us know thier solution (I doubt there will be any) I have ZERO patience calling up a Tech Support that knows less about the product than I do. Of course did the battery pull and updated the PRL list all the usual and I do not feel like going through that whole process again even when I tell them I've done that
    11-16-10 07:42 AM
    If you call them today let us know thier solution (I doubt there will be any) I have ZERO patience calling up a Tech Support that knows less about the product than I do. Of course did the battery pull and updated the PRL list all the usual and I do not feel like going through that whole process again even when I tell them I've done that

Well I did speak with them yesterday but they were unsuccessful at fixing it, they reset my voice-mail (which made my notification icon disappear for good now ), service books, nothing, told me that RIM was having trouble with vvm with the Style but I see others work just fine here, they sent out a note to RIM but not sure if that will do any good.
    11-16-10 08:59 AM
    Well I did speak with them yesterday but they were unsuccessful at fixing it, they reset my voice-mail (which made my notification icon disappear for good now ), service books, nothing, told me that RIM was having trouble with vvm with the Style but I see others work just fine here, they sent out a note to RIM but not sure if that will do any good.
    Thanks for the update, Then my Advice to those who's VVM is STILL working (DO NOT DO A BATTERY PULL) I did one over the weekend so that must be why mine quick working suddenly.........Cmon RIM or Sprint...This was the ONLY thing I was excited about the STYLE with it not working my rating went from a 9 to a 4
    11-17-10 09:16 AM
    Same Problom No Voice Mail Alert Coming in i have to call 1 to see if there is a Voice Mail
    11-17-10 12:19 PM
    Same here, glad I am not the only one. VVM was working for me on Monday, but tuesday nothing. Its really fustrating to not get an alert!!
    11-17-10 01:36 PM
    I received my 9670 on tuesday (my 1st BB) spent 8 hours setting it up, going from the manual to the computer to tech support to the Sprint store ... VVM was a stumper ... So that then started the "5+ hour" marathon session with tech support !!!

To be ESCALATED to the superviser who kept say "Go to ADDRESS BOOK and press the Paw Print" .. i would say "I Don't Have an ADDRESS Book. i do have a CONTACTS Icon"

She would say "It MUST be in ther cuz the manual says, Go to Address book and press paw..." My temper was wearing Thin.

Then the grand finally :
    "Sir I even checked Google and IT says go to ADDRESS Book ... OH and well, you have a new device, It is Sooo new, that we don't even have one here in the office, and I don't have a manual for OS6"!

REALLY ?? ... Are you SH!TT!NG ME ?

My first day experience with BB was not a good one.

At the Sprint store (wednesday AM) I learned of the VVM outage (that tech checked CrackBerry !)
    so it wasn't the fault of my phone, BUT the SUPERVISER on the phone lastnight didn't even have a manual on the OS that has been out for several weeks ???

Sprint offers a 30 test drive right ?
    11-17-10 11:23 PM
    yes they do, don't judge a book by its cover, Sprints service and CS is great, they have done a complete 180 from years ago. you just happen to walk in on a few of the sour apples at a store.
    11-18-10 12:26 AM
    i too had an issue with VVM about two weeks ago and the only resolution was to wipe the phone which did restore the functionality and it has worked ever since.

when i first got the phone it worked for 5 days then broke..
    11-18-10 11:50 AM
    Yup same issue here. This is a bit annoying.
    11-18-10 01:21 PM
    I am havimg the same problems. I had 5 voicemails when I realized and checked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 06:13 PM
    What's confusing is Sprint is saying it is a nationwide problem and VVM is down, If that is the case, wiping phone should have no effect, right? I still do not have any VM notifications and bought my phone on Nov. 8th. If they were not saying it was a network problem I would return my phone (exchange) for a new one. ????????
    11-18-10 08:26 PM
    I just had all 5 voicemails from the past few days show up all at once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 10:29 PM
    My VMM starting working as of this am (Fri) at approx 7:44am Whoooo Hoooo Hope others have this luck as well.
    11-19-10 07:54 AM
    mine started to work around 9 ish last night
    11-19-10 08:18 AM
    mine did the same thing just magically started working last night around 8 PM or so luckily the person who had left me a voicemail at 1 PM yesterday called back later that afternoon
    11-19-10 10:01 AM
    Is there a way to entirely disable VVM on the Style and use regular call your number for your voice mail? I don't find any way to do it under Options.

Editing to add: I am a Sprint user.
    Last edited by maxsgrl; 11-19-10 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add info
    11-19-10 10:17 AM
    Is there a way to entirely disable VVM on the Style and use regular call your number for your voice mail? I don't find any way to do it under Options.

Editing to add: I am a Sprint user.
    The only Way I can think of is goto >options>Device>Application Management> Scroll to Visual Voicemail and press BB Key and choose "Edit Default Permissions" and then choose Deny for all permissions.

See if that works. If so report back please and let us know how that worked
    11-19-10 10:40 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD