Hi all,

firstly, let me apologize if someone has already asked these questions. I looked though the forum as best I could before asking. Anyway, I am a new BlackBerry Storm 2 user. I upgraded from a Curve last Thursday and have had nothing but problems.

1. The screen makes a high pitched clinking noise - sounds like metal hitting metal or glass clinking - whenever I press the red hang up button or anywhere around the bottom right corner.
    2. The screen frequently freezes when asked to perform basic functions like pressing the BlackBerry home button. It sometimes takes me 4-5 times to get the answer button to work � which results on me losing calls.
    3. It is incapable of running apps. I tried to run Slacker Radio - which came pre loaded - and it crashed 3 times before I had to go though the stress of removing the battery.

I have removed all unnecessary programs, turned off the Bluetooth and the wifi and all the other things you are always told to do when encountering a problem. I took the phone back to Verizon and they listened to the clinking and determined it was indeed odd, they played with the phone and, as always with these things it was responsive and behaved very well. They did a hard reset and send me on my way.

I don�t know what to do. Does anyone have experience with these things?
    11-15-10 02:36 PM
    What OS version are you using? Also, where was your S2 made? I know the second question doesn't mean much for the most part, but I've heard some units made in Mexico had some issues, whereas Canadian built ones don't have as many. My old S2 was a Mexico-assembled unit, and I didn't really have issues with it, save some troubles with certain OS builds. However, for the most part, my S2 performed fine.
    11-15-10 03:01 PM
    Hi all,

firstly, let me apologize if someone has already asked these questions. I looked though the forum as best I could before asking. Anyway, I am a new BlackBerry Storm 2 user. I upgraded from a Curve last Thursday and have had nothing but problems.

1. The screen makes a high pitched clinking noise - sounds like metal hitting metal or glass clinking - whenever I press the red hang up button or anywhere around the bottom right corner.
    2. The screen frequently freezes when asked to perform basic functions like pressing the BlackBerry home button. It sometimes takes me 4-5 times to get the answer button to work � which results on me losing calls.
    3. It is incapable of running apps. I tried to run Slacker Radio - which came pre loaded - and it crashed 3 times before I had to go though the stress of removing the battery.

I have removed all unnecessary programs, turned off the Bluetooth and the wifi and all the other things you are always told to do when encountering a problem. I took the phone back to Verizon and they listened to the clinking and determined it was indeed odd, they played with the phone and, as always with these things it was responsive and behaved very well. They did a hard reset and send me on my way.

I don�t know what to do. Does anyone have experience with these things?
    Backup all your data and restore your software.
    11-15-10 03:44 PM
    i have had two replacements.. One was complete junk built in Hungary.. The other (my current storm) was built in Canada and has been amazing.. sounds like you got a bad unit.. I would take it back!!
    11-15-10 04:11 PM
    Agreed, if this is a new phone you paid for and you're within 30 days of purchasing it, take it back to the store and request a replacement with a NEW unit. Within 30 days, if you're having issues, they're REQUIRED to replace the phone with a new one no questions asked. MAKE SURE THEY GET YOU A NEW ONE AND NOT DISAPPEAR IN THE BACK AND COME BACK WITH ONE THAT THEY SAY IS NEW. Have them bring out the new one in the box and still sealed... watch them break the seal on the box. NO EXCEPTIONS. Some Verizon stores have pulled BS modes where they go in the back and say they're getting a new one when in fact they're getting one out of FRU stock, which is not what they're supposed to be doing if you're still within 30 days of purchase. You have to watch these losers closely... they'll try anything.
    11-15-10 04:29 PM
    Agreed, if this is a new phone you paid for and you're within 30 days of purchasing it, take it back to the store and request a replacement with a NEW unit. Within 30 days, if you're having issues, they're REQUIRED to replace the phone with a new one no questions asked. MAKE SURE THEY GET YOU A NEW ONE AND NOT DISAPPEAR IN THE BACK AND COME BACK WITH ONE THAT THEY SAY IS NEW. Have them bring out the new one in the box and still sealed... watch them break the seal on the box. NO EXCEPTIONS. Some Verizon stores have pulled BS modes where they go in the back and say they're getting a new one when in fact they're getting one out of FRU stock, which is not what they're supposed to be doing if you're still within 30 days of purchase. You have to watch these losers closely... they'll try anything.
    +1. Dont even bother trying to diagnose it! It should work right out of the box!
    11-15-10 04:36 PM
    And TrenyProfessional, and many others, exposed, if one rep doesn't work, try another!
    11-15-10 06:33 PM
    Also, just all 611 from your phone and explain your issues. Tell the CSR you've already done a wipe on the phone and that didn't fix any of your problems. They'll send out a replacement.

Having Total Equipment Protection (Insurance) on your account would help this matter a lot since they wouldn't even question anything then, but not always necessary.
    11-15-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD