I have the bold 9700.

My friend got the official OS 6 for his bold via the desktop software.....how come he can and I cant.

Is the official out for the 9650, but not the 9700????

the desktop software still says my OS 5 verion is the most up to date there is.

and I don't want to risk bricking my phone with the unofficial leaked version.
    11-15-10 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry 6 isn't available officially from any carrier for the 9650 or the 9700. Your friend had to download the latest leaked OS first to have Desktop Manager recognize and install it. You can do the same...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 01:51 PM
    Trying out different OS versions is not rocket science, it's just messing around, and even a 'bricked' BB can be recovered almost every single time.

I've tried all 3 OS6 leaks on my 9650, the first was horrible but the other 2 are decent though still have some random reboots---nothing I can't deal with. The new features are nice and the new browser and universal search are great.
    11-16-10 07:56 AM
    Ya Universal search is awesome I am amazed on how much I use just that one feature!
    11-16-10 07:57 AM
    Using an unofficial leaked version isn't going to brick your phone. Official releases aren't bug free either.
    11-16-10 08:04 AM
    We might get some news about the official OS6 release today.

http://crackberry.com/research-motio...-held-tomorrow
    11-16-10 08:07 AM
    yeah i just registered for the webcast.....lets hope we get some good news
    11-16-10 08:12 AM
    My provider told me they will get the release today, and it will be released on the desktop software in the next couple of days.

This 9650 that did get it on the desktop software (official version) was a company phone......maybe Verizon gave it to them early.
    11-16-10 12:34 PM
    My provider told me they will get the release today, and it will be released on the desktop software in the next couple of days.

This 9650 that did get it on the desktop software (official version) was a company phone......maybe Verizon gave it to them early.
    Who's your carrier?
    11-16-10 03:25 PM
    BB6 for 9650 hasn't gone official.
    11-16-10 04:14 PM
    Your friend probably downloaded "Desktop Manager" version6

11-16-10 04:15 PM
    @tysontia. I call BS. You're either lying, or were lied to. No provider is going to tell a customer anything that hasn't been press released. **** half the time, even if there is a press release, the CSR's still don't know anything. Nice try, but anyone on here with a brain knows better than to buy into a "My provider told me" story. We've all seen too many of them end up being complete crap.

11-16-10 04:27 PM
    @tysontia. I call BS. You're either lying, or were lied to. No provider is going to tell a customer anything that hasn't been press released. **** half the time, even if there is a press release, the CSR's still don't know anything. Nice try, but anyone on here with a brain knows better than to buy into a "My provider told me" story. We've all seen too many of them end up being complete crap.

+1, it'd be all over CB if BB6 was being pushed via DM today.
    11-16-10 04:42 PM
    I have the bold 9700.

My friend got the official OS 6 for his bold via the desktop software.....how come he can and I cant.

Is the official out for the 9650, but not the 9700????

the desktop software still says my OS 5 verion is the most up to date there is.

and I don't want to risk bricking my phone with the unofficial leaked version.
    The 9650 was BUILT for OS6. Why shouldn't it get OS6 first? lol
    But no, there is no official version. Try one of the leaks...6.0.0.333 is a good one. Not perfect, but good.
    11-16-10 04:43 PM

.... Look ..., I specifically said my provider told me this. I'm sure she had no clue in the world.

I don't lie........
    11-18-10 08:31 AM
    I found out that his tech admin put the leaked version out there for his staff to download, then he did actually install using the DM. That's why he thought it was official.
    11-18-10 08:32 AM
    I found out that his tech admin put the leaked version out there for his staff to download, then he did actually install using the DM. That's why he thought it was official.
    That's kind of what everyone here was telling you. I'm glad he's not the tech where I work!
    11-19-10 06:45 AM
    The 9650 was BUILT for OS6. Why shouldn't it get OS6 first? lol
    But no, there is no official version. Try one of the leaks...6.0.0.333 is a good one. Not perfect, but good.
    Which leak is better in your opinion or suggest using?.. 6.0.0.280 or the .333?

I'm currently using the .280

I have another question, sometimes when I use " My Verizon" or "Data Usage" I get an error message, Input Error system is being restarted..it dont restart however. It happened to me on both leaks .280 and .333..I tried both. I even reloaded the OS's a few times.
    11-19-10 12:09 PM

I have another question, sometimes when I use " My Verizon" or "Data Usage" I get an error message, Input Error system is being restarted..it dont restart however. It happened to me on both leaks .280 and .333..I tried both. I even reloaded the OS's a few times.
    Those apps must not be OS6 compatible.
    11-19-10 12:16 PM

Since I never used the 280, I can't answer that for you. If you have it right now and it's running well without memory leaks...I would stand pat. Just my 2 cents.
    11-19-10 03:51 PM
    Hi guys, does any1 have the download link to any of the 9650 os 6 leaks?
    thnks
    11-22-10 10:38 AM
    Hi guys, does any1 have the download link to any of the 9650 os 6 leaks?
    thnks
    Let me google that for you

freakshare entry has a working link
    11-23-10 07:59 AM
    I do not recall when it was that RIM first released information about OS6 and the compatible devices, however I was sure thinking that we would have the official release by now. Anyone else surprised that we have not seen anything yet? It makes me wonder if maybe the development has not gone as RIM or the carriers had hoped. Your thoughts?
    11-25-10 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD