Just in case you're not happy with the latest official OS for the BlackBerry Bold 9780, you can now take the leaked OS 6.0.0.359 for a test drive as it's now available for download. As always, with leaked OS' we're not sure what's new, broke, fixed or changed so use caution and be sure to back your data up. Let us know here what you dig up.

*OS Disclaimer - Please Read: Keep in mind this is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by RIM or your Carrier. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk and only if you're comfortable in the process of upgrading and downgrading your device software. It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. They are not always better. Depending on your BlackBerry comfort level, it may be best for you to wait for community feedback on a build before deciding to download and install for yourself or simply wait for the next official release. If you require support, you will find it in our CrackBerry forums via our extremely knowledgeable community base - do not contact your carrier or RIM for Beta OS technical support (their first course of action will be to advise you to downgrade to a supported OS). Follow the links below for more information and instructions. *

AXWLC likes this.
    11-15-10 12:03 PM
    Bla1ze, at least delete my post if you're going to dupe it every time! One post directly below yours (top of the forum when you made this new post):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-359-a-550693/

How can we tell new people to use the search function when forums managers don't do it?
    AXWLC likes this.
    11-15-10 12:30 PM
    Trying this one out in a couple of minutes..

Max
    11-15-10 01:14 PM
    Tell me how it goes guys!
    11-15-10 01:44 PM
    The OS finished downloading, backed up my data using Desktop Manager. I am currently loading the OS...

Max
    11-15-10 01:49 PM
    Loading OS right now.
    11-15-10 02:24 PM
    9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel1306_PL6.5.0.93_A6.0.0.359.exe

Don't have a 9780, but used a few cods to patch a 9800 hybrid and they worked perfectly.
    11-15-10 02:45 PM
    any updates? still stuck with 284 and would love to know if any of the posted bugs have been fixed
    11-15-10 03:53 PM
    Installation completed. Back up restored. Account activated with BES. One battery pull later, all i can say is: WOW.

Faster than before through menus and the browser. Seems stable as well but i'l have to report on this one tomorrow for a better appreciation of this item...

For those who are hesitating, don't.

Max
    11-15-10 03:54 PM

I'm liking this one

My only real complaint about .294 was the very small and hard to read font on mobile sites (especially CrackBerry!), which has almost been fixed in .359

The font is still quite small, but it's MUCH clearer and easier to read now.
    11-15-10 03:58 PM
    Im still really scared to try this, I just got my 9780 like two days ago and Im afraid i'll screw it up!
    11-15-10 04:38 PM
    Any more news on what the leak is like?

Very tempted to upgrade...
    11-15-10 04:49 PM
    :x ne1 tried to do a 359 over 344
    11-15-10 04:51 PM
    Well, I have it running. I also had .285 and .294 before.

Here's what I have noticed:

1) Boot up time is faster. (I was surprised how slow it was before since my 9700 was faster so that's good).

2) Does seem to be a little quicker with the menus and moving around. Example: the swipe down gesture in .294 to access your full tray... on mine you really had to do it fast or it wouldn't work. Now it works okay.

3) still a bug I noticed when accessing folders in a bottom row if you have more than 4 rows. When you go back to the main screen, your folder is still selected, but you can't see it as it reset to the top row. (Minor thing but still there).

4) Browser... actually find it takes longer to open up now as it hangs for a second or so. Browsing still isn't that fast. I found it faster on the 9700 running the leaked OS6. (This is my main disappointment).

CORRECTION: Configured the APN settings for Rogers and I noticed a speed improvement... Had set just the APN without the Authorization before but with Authorization, it speeds it up... a lot! Now I'm happy.

Font size is a little (and I mean little) bit bigger on sites like the crackberry forums on mobile view for reading text. Still needs to get bigger if you don't get column view.

Seems like the text size on the column view for regular sites is a bit smaller but may just be the sites I tested.

Oh, and if you were wondering, "Z" still doesn't do column view. That's probably gone for good.

5) Free space after a clean install was 280.2 MBs but I installed a lot more stuff than normal like Social Feeds and Podcast app to see if new functionality was added.

6) There was a but for me in .294 for adding alerts for contacts. Doing it through Options would always crash it for me so I had to do it through the Address Book. Now it works fine through Options like it should.

Think that is it for about 30 minutes playing with it. No comment on stability or long term use obviously but it seems to fix the things I've noticed with the older versions so I'm happy so far.

Good luck.

Cheers.
    11-15-10 04:59 PM
    I'm about to try this out now.....after i've played around with it for a few hrs I will update others who are nervous to try!
    I just got my 9780 on Friday, but im too curious not to try the leak...can always downgrade if it sucks. lol

**update**
    So I loaded it on jus a little over an hour ago and first impression is good! It does seem snappier and faster thru the menus. I'll have to use it longer to see if I can notice any other major chnages/benefits. But for those hesitating I don't think its gonna take away from wut ur running now,seems solid to me.
    Last edited by empresstrena; 11-15-10 at 06:57 PM.
    phinx404 likes this.
    11-15-10 05:00 PM
    Small update... Rogers My Account wont load for some reason. Not sure why. It acts like it wont connect to the internet but other pages work fine.
    11-15-10 06:40 PM
    sold my torch 4 hours ago i just bought the 9780
    installing this in few minutes
    11-15-10 07:02 PM
    So us Mac users will have to wait until it's officially released?
    How long does is normally take for leaks to become official?
    Last edited by jeremytough; 11-15-10 at 08:04 PM.
    11-15-10 07:33 PM
    installed but every os i install i have a problem on the top bar, when i choose the top bar where date time is and i try to scroll to options the highlite in blue disapeers. , an one else i mean its done it almost every os
    11-15-10 08:20 PM
    I got this installed on a rogers 9780 a few hours ago. It is stable, seams faster maybe im just crazy. nearly 50mb extra compared to a factory loaded .285 so thats a huge plus sitting around 300 or so. How does one configure the APN settings for rogers? The browser is still a huge let down imho. Sure its good for blackberry... but common the bb browser has blown since day one, lets get a browser that is on par or better than the competition.
    11-15-10 09:12 PM
    also curious about rogers settings
    11-16-10 12:09 AM
    if im on fido do i need to configure the apn settings as well?
    11-16-10 12:11 AM
    Installed about 3 hrs now and my first impressions is that it is fast, browser is faster and moving from menu and scrolling is much faster. One problem that I still see though is that when I hold down the BB key there is a white flash at the bottom of the screen. It was there in .294 but at the sides. The font on CB is a tad bit bigger but still too small. Boot up is fast. This is a good build. Can't wait for the other leak. :-).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 12:19 AM
    can confirm white flicker when holding down bb key on the bottom of screen

will comment on speed and what not tomorrow!
    11-16-10 12:55 AM
    Is social feeds app working properly? Aside from the white flicker is there anything else wrong?
    11-16-10 01:54 AM
159 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD