I've searched and looked thru info on other threads at crackberry.com, but can't find anything I would consider "easy."

I want to listen to the radio when I walk in the mornings. Specifically, NPR. (Oh yeah, I'm a nerd. But I think I'm in good company here....) I don't really want to download anything to my BB, but if there's something that works well, I'll consider it. (Most tips I've seen RE: downloads talk about hiccups, having to reset, etc. I'd rather not mess with it....)

Can I connect an FM receiver/transmitter to my BB and do it that way? (What's the difference?)

Any tips/help are appreciated!!!

TIA,
    H.
    07-24-08 04:10 PM
    that xplayer app was free, but i didn't have good experience with it. hiccups. from what i was told, don't know how true it is.....u can't really go to web sites and listen to their streaming live radio unless u have 4.5 or something. if u find any good advice thru a pm or something, i'd love to hear it. i would love to be able to successfully listen to the radio via my bb as well. (i have a curve tho..... 4.2 os as of now)
    07-24-08 04:23 PM
    Check out Moodio.fm as well. You'll have to sign up & set up stations from a computer, then can visit the mobile site on your BB.
    07-24-08 04:51 PM
    Check out Moodio.fm as well. You'll have to sign up & set up stations from a computer, then can visit the mobile site on your BB.
    +1 for moodio. It works great and is crystal clear.
    07-24-08 09:02 PM
    good call on moodio!
    i just added WDVE for all the Pittsburghers in the world. thumbs up for moodio.fm!!
    07-25-08 10:12 AM
    its only good if you have unlimited data, if you dont, like me, you will end up with a fun surprise at the end of the month.
    07-25-08 10:14 AM
    its only good if you have unlimited data, if you dont, like me, you will end up with a fun surprise at the end of the month.
    When you say unlimited data plan, do you mean internet data or SMS messages too? I'm asking because I have unlimited internet data, but I only get 200 text messages in my plan per month. Does the radio count as text messaging? Thanks.
    07-25-08 10:59 AM
    for registering with Moodio - what should I choose as the bitrate/channel setting? I have a Curve 8330 w/Sprint..
    07-25-08 11:56 AM
    It doesn't seem to work with my AT&T 8120. I keep getting this message saying that the phone doesn't support this protocol, and to type in another URL.
    07-25-08 12:05 PM
    for registering with Moodio - what should I choose as the bitrate/channel setting? I have a Curve 8330 w/Sprint..
    I dont have the curve, but with my pearl i set it to the default (24 something, i think). i tried it out and it sounds and streams great. HTH.
    07-25-08 12:26 PM
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE MOODIO link! My God, now I can listen to the station that I've been wanting to for soooo long....(it's blocked at work). Thanks again! Works great on my Curve
    07-25-08 12:52 PM
    good call on moodio!
    i just added WDVE for all the Pittsburghers in the world. thumbs up for moodio.fm!!
    I am taking this post back. Moodio cannot access any clear channel radio stations, because they are in the netherlands. Sorry to any DVE listeners. Moodio has now been removed from my bookmarks...
    08-01-08 08:49 AM
    Can you get Moodio to work if you don't have OS 4.5 Beta? I don't want to install the 4.5 until it officially comes out because of the minor issues I've read about here with regard to the Beta version.
    08-01-08 09:24 AM
    Getting ready to try it out now.... and the last thing in the world I want to listen to is all that same ol' same ol' commercial garbage (gosh, no Fergie?) on and Clear Channel station
    08-01-08 10:48 AM
    Just tried it on my phone, works great!!!!!!!
    08-01-08 12:25 PM
    Dance Party on Iranian Radio is great
    08-01-08 12:56 PM
    I wanted streaming radio too and found BerryTunes. The user interface need work (to many confermations) but it gets the job done. 24.95
    BerryTunes 2.5 - MP3, Radio & Podcasts - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Im going to try Moodio.fm now!
    08-01-08 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD