For whatever reason, when i open my browser it opens to my home page which is google.com and if i use the google search field to go to other websites like "yahoo.com", "gamefaqs.com" etc.. i can use the back/escape key to go back to previous pages, but if i type the name directly into the address field, i can't use the "back/escape" key to go backwards, i have to click the menu button and then from there i can pick "back" "refresh" "forward." If i hold the escape key down, it does ask me if i am sure i want to exit the browser..

i have done multiple battery pulls, restored from backups.. tried .337
    went back to .246

Maybe i am being paranoid and it is normal for the browser to do that?

Edit: I should mention that if i open a new tab, and type in the URL to a website in the address bar, it allows me to use the escape/back key to go back..
    Last edited by ShadowFlame; 11-13-10 at 04:36 AM.
    11-13-10 03:50 AM
    I just tried this, and I'm able to go back using the back/escape key both when typing something directly into the address bar or after i searched from my home page (also google). Also tried in the original tab and in additional tabs which both worked. (I'm running .337 btw).
    11-13-10 04:42 AM
    Sometimes on my torch the back key goes back a page, and sometimes it closes the browser. Can't explain it other then a possible bug, been that way for me through every build of the OS from .141 to the present .337. I just deal with it, not a huge problem for me.
    11-13-10 05:23 AM
    The back and esc button will stop working IF you are scrolled down on a pasure such that the URL bar minimizes. To get it working again, scroll up to select the url bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 06:29 AM
    The back key should go back a page if you tap it and close the browser if you hold it down longer. Occassionally I press it too long when meaning to go back. Maybe that's what's happening. The scroll bar showing or not has no effect on that for me. You don't have to scroll up to see the bar. You can just tap at the top of the page.

Last edited by realcanuk; 11-13-10 at 07:16 AM.
    11-13-10 07:14 AM
    The back key should go back a page if you tap it and close the browser if you hold it down longer. Occassionally I press it too long when meaning to go back. Maybe that's what's happening. The scroll bar showing or not has no effect on that for me. You don't have to scroll up to see the bar. You can just tap it.

Ok that can explain it. So the next logical question is there a way to change the length of time for it to register either a press or a press and hold. I have the same issue with the physical keyboard, where holding the key makes a capitol. I often find myself having to correct something I typed out because of a wrong capitol or a stay period. Also the BB key does the same thing to me. Pressing it brings up a menu while holding it brings up the "task manager".
    11-13-10 07:18 AM
    There may be a way with the keyboard. I'm not sure and I rarely use the virtual. With the back key I'm quite sure that's not possible,but it works well if you just press and release quickly.

11-13-10 07:28 AM
    Yeah I have yet to find a setting for either. >.<
    11-13-10 07:30 AM
    After accidentally closing the browser too many times, I changed the settings to prompt before closing browser on escape. This way even if I've accidentally held the escape key too long, I won't exit the browser unwittingly.
    11-13-10 09:08 AM
    FIXED..

I blanked my BB to error 507, used BBSAK to load OS 6.0.0.337 and it is working the way it should, then used DM to restore my contacts.
    11-13-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD